Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ELEANOR COULL nee Butcher born 1838 St Pancras - can you help me find her after 1861.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks kyle.
    Liz

Comment

• Received e mail from Westminster Archives today - no joy with the burial record for Thomas Coull, the bookseller:

'I checked the burial register for St Martin-in-the-Fields but, unfortunately, did not find your ancestor (Thomas Coull/Coule) listed on either 20th or 29th November 1835. It could be that he was buried in one of the churches within the St Martin-in-the –Fields registration district, rather than the church itself.

We no longer have the resources available to undertake comprehensive research on behalf of enquirers. However, you are most welcome to visit us in person to check the other Westminster burial registers we hold in our collections. We are open to the public from 10am to 7pm Tuesday to Thursday and 10am to 5pm Friday to Saturday. There is no need to make an appointment, though you will be asked to register on reception so please bring with you a form of identification that confirms your address.

You may also be interested to know that our parish register collection will soon be searchable online via a subscription to www.Find-my-Past.co.uk . We expect the registers to be available in the next couple of months.'
      Liz

Comment

• i'm sorry to hear that liz. they are extremely helpful, but in my case i had the igi to back up my query. oh, i hope westminster goes online via findmypast soon. i have rellies from there, that i hope such a collection could help with. maybe you need to sit tight till then liz. i'm sure someone here will help out once it does. i will if no one beats me!

Comment

• Thanks kyle for the offer. I did quote the IGI with St Martin's as burial place. They are returning my cheque for £4 which is good .
          Liz

Comment

• how interesting. was it a submitted entry? good to return the cheque.

Comment

• kyle - thanks for your continued interest . These were the details I gave Westminster:

Thomas Coull buried 29/11/1835 St Martin-in-the Fields.

This is probably the same as the entry on Family Search (IGI):
              Thomas Coule Burial: 20/11/1835 Westminster, Middx
              Indexing Project (Batch): B01602-8 System Origin: England-EASy
              Source Film: 561152.

Think the first one was from IGI.
              Liz

Comment

• so they didn't find either? how strange. then again maybe they didn't have the church on the igi?

Comment

• Kyle - I think that first one just said St Martins...perhaps once Westminster's records are on FMP, we will find him.
                  Liz

Comment

• Have just added this to the top of the thread:

10.01.2021: ADDED - Please see my blogs on the Coulls and Eleanor Coull's (nee Butcher) birth family here on FTF for all the information obtained, along with a lot of history too.

My Blogs>Liz's Blogs. If I haven't responded to messages in the past, please message me again.
                    Liz

Comment

Working...
                    X