Ancestry renewal cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks for all the responses.

I have now sent Ancestry 4 emails over the last 5 days - still waiting for a response !

Val - I think £69:95 is about what I paid last year, less the VAT. I am also on auto renewal. I don't want to phone them as there is no freephone no from Gib, but If I don't hear from them soon, I'll have no option but to give them a call.

Terry

Comment

Terry - don't hold your breath about being able to sort it by email. I needed to contact them recently (re subscription) and they refused to discuss it by email and insisted I telephoned the US number. I was not a happy bunny! :(
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine. I'll have to give them a call then.

Terry

Comment

Ancestry renewal - Update

I called Ancestry and complained about their increase in subs to no avail. They also disputed renewal subs that Members have quoted here.

They gave the reason for the new charge as a 50% increase in additional records that are now available.

I think I will wait to the New Year and get "her indoors" to register as a new client and see what they offer.

Thanks once again for all the replies and info.

Terry

Comment

Terry

I got mine recently for £54.

If you would like a copy of my credit card statement, I am happy for you to send them a copy!!!

OC

Comment

Hi OC

I've pm'd you

Thanks - Terry

Comment

I rang them today and got it for £62 it seems it has gone up to £79.95 but if you have it set up as an automatic payment its the same price as last year which for me was £69.95
                And I will get it for the same price next year £62.
                The man I spoke to said they only offer it cheaper to people that cancel or threaten to !!!!!

Comment

Update

After a number of phone call plus OC's input, Ancestry caved in and I have just renewed for £59.03 They gave me a 10% discount and took off the VAT as I live outside the UK.

Merry Christmas Everyone:D:D:D

Terry

Comment

Result Terry - Well Done!!!!!!!

Comment

I must contact them too....didn't think to mention the VAT

Beverley

Comment

Better off in your pocket than theirs Beverley.

Comment

i have read that someone on here bargained with them and got it reduced,try they can only say no brenda xxx

Comment

Just got another email off them today. They keep sending them as I haven't renewed. I'll use the library now. It was an offer of 20% off, renew for about £64.

Comment

Working...
                            X