Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fathers name on Marriage Cert quite different ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers name on Marriage Cert quite different ?

Have a William John KNIGHT born 1857 Bermondsey marries in 1895 says Father William John KNIGHT a Currier ??? Deceased

My William John KNIGHT was the Son of a George William KNIGHT a Currier ??

This family are very hard to pin down and I do not know when George William KNIGHT died?? but was possibly between 1865 and 1871

Would you say this is the right man but maybe the Son didn't know his Father's name ???

The Witness's names are no help at all

Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 01-10-11, 21:39.

Probably mistranscribed, I have one or two like that where the groom and the groom's father's name are identical. It's usually a copying mistake.

I also have one where the fathers of the bride and groom have been transposed - I hope!

James Holden, father William Grimshaw, married Ellen Grimshaw, father James Holden....

OC

Comment

lol OC I like that one thanks

Comment

is the marr on ancestry Val?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi Julie I didn't find it on there , so sent for the Cert

Comment

I've got one where the father died when the son was a child. When the son married he gave a different name on the cert for his father - it happened to be his brother's name.
            Jackie

Comment

thanks Jackie, sad thing is William John had a brother William born 1849 died 1854 and another Brother John born 1852 died 1854 so suppose he was named after the pair of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                I've got one where the father died when the son was a child. When the son married he gave a different name on the cert for his father - it happened to be his brother's name.
                yep I have one or two like that too!..
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

they didn't make it easy did they ? nite all

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                    I've got one like this too + spouse's wrong christian name given on widow's death cert ... spent many hours (or should I say months/years) trying to ascertain if phantom father/spouse existed.
                    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

good to know there are so many mistakes .;)

Comment

Working...
                      X