No announcement yet.

Cheap Ancestry World!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do hope not Elaine as even with a discount its expensive.

Comment

Just renewed... 10th July... Premier for the price of Essential .... oh well !! it's only money!!!
      Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

I have 12 days left and just missed out on the above - where do I go next? Is there any hope:(
        J

Comment

Amazon are selling FTM 2011 with 6 months Premium Ancestry for £35.99 here:

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            there was a used one for sale Heather it says opened but not used comes with all the stuff and it was cheaper.
            Thanks for bringing that to my notice Val. Although I dont use the world bit much, its handy to have and Ive just bought that one for £19.99.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 17-07-11, 23:24.

Comment

let me know when it comes Heather be interested in the condition of it ?

Comment

Just checked Tesco rewards..

for £19.00 Reward voucher you get Family tree maker and 6 months Essentials membership and for £35.00 Reward Voucher you get FTM and 6 months World membership.

Nicky

Comment

Hi Val, the FTM World came today - nicely packed - there are what, 4? separate boxes with discs in for various things. It all looks kosher. I assume they havent taken up the sub though Not sure how I can make sure that the world sub is valid really. If I load the disc and click on activate sub would that confirm it I wonder?

Comment

Heather, you would need to load the disc and activate the Ancestry subscription to find out. It will just be added on to the end of your existing sub, but if you are not currently on a world subscription then it could be a bit complicated!
                    Elaine

Comment

Heather she wouldn't be allowed to sell it as worlwide for 6 months free if she had already activated it ? so I would defintely try it as you can send it back if not .

Comment

Will it tag on? When I tried to add the current world sub before my last premium sub ran out it rejected it, said I had to wait til the end of the first one. Oh, Ill have a go now anyway and let you know what happens.

Well Ive loaded it and Ive clicked on help and activate sub. It asks for my user name and password, did that, clicked and Im getting a message saying you have now registered your software telephone xxxxxxxxxxxx to activate your ancestry sub????
                        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 20-07-11, 22:30.

Comment

It will only tag on if you are using the same subscription. For example if you currently have the UK Premium and want to add 6 months of UK premium on to it, it will tag without problem.
                          However, if you are currently using UK Premium and you try to tag on 6 month's worldwide subscription then you will have a problem. You will need to wait until one has totally finished before adding the next.

With regards to activating the Ancestry subscription, providing it is the same as you are using (as explained in the first couple of sentences) then you should be able to activate it by going to HELP --> ACTIVATE ANCESTRY SUBSCRIPTION
                          Elaine

Comment

oh dear Heather hope I haven't caused you problems ? maybe if you ring them they can sort it out and give you a later date for your sub to end ?? like in another 6 months time.

Comment

Elaine, I already have the world sub on there that we got on the last cheapo offer it runs til November. And I did as you have said, Help, activate sub and then I got the boxes asking for my user name and password and then asking if they should keep those and then - as above, contact ancestry. :(

Val, Im sure it will be sorted, its not your fault whatsoever x

Comment

Then you should have no problem adding the freebie that you have just received. What happens when you click on HELP --> ACTIVATE ANCESTRY SUBSCRIPTION
                                Elaine

Comment

I get a box up saying activate subscription (with a smaller phrase "activate later" next to it.)

I click on activate subscription and I get a box up asking for me to log in with my user name and password, which I do

I then get a box saying thank you, would you like ancestry to save your login info. I say yes and continue. And then I get the above message asking me to phone the 0800 number to activate my sub

Do you think I ought to remove the old 2010 world program on my puter first? May be its conflicting with the new one?

Comment

I don't think the old program is conflicting with the new one Heather. I've installed 2009/2010/2011 versions without removing previous ones.
                                    To be honest I would contact them via the freephone number.
                                    Not sure you should say that you have purchased a "second hand" package, that is from a private seller - but I am sure you can waffle your way around it! ;)
                                    Elaine

Comment

Cant remember - should there be a code number in the box or anything? Re the program Elaine, its not a different year though, its a 2010 same as the one already on here, if you follow.

Ive contacted the seller who says they definitely havent activated it before.

Comment

There doesn't appear to be code numbers on the box any more Heather.
                                        The freebie subscription seems to be built into the program, so that when you register the program (which I presume you have done with the new installation) it automatically realises/records that there is a free sub to be activated as well.
                                        Elaine

Comment

No joy. I think I may remove both ? 2010 programs and try reloading the new one to see if that helps. Not now though, Im worn out tonight.

Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X