Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped on Keeley Family-Wandsworth & Battersea

Hi All.
    I am new to this site,have been taking time away from my family tree when my mum died in 2009 & then after my dad died in December 2010 so i thought i need to get back into it,but with so many brick walls i don't know where to start so picked out this one from my hat...

My mother Jean was born a Keeley in 1934,her father was not known,but,due to a recent contact,i may get to know who my mum's father was.

My mum's,mother Rosa Bertha Keeley born 1909 at Meyrick Road Wandsworth was the daughter of Ada Butler & George Edward William Keeley.
    Rosa had a sister Jane,known as Jeannie or Jannie,she was born 1906 Wandsworth.

Jane is the one i'm stumped on,as when i found them on the 1911 census it was a surprise to my mum to know of another aunt she never knew about.
    I know no more on her other than her birth,George & Ada did lose children but Jane was on the 1911 census,as i am in Poland i have limited access other than internet & her birth cert..........Is there anyone that is connected to the Keeley's or is there anyone that can help further?
    Thanks,
    Kaz & it is minus 20 tonight!
    "Genealogy -disturbing the dead,and irritating the living"

there is a marriage for a Jennie Keeley in Jun quarter 1926 Wandsworth 1D 1126 to a Walter Harris

Comment

..it looks like they may* have had children as well, born in Kingston and Staines..not allowed to put the names of possible living people on here Kazig, but have a look at FreeBMD....http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
      Naomi - sunny and 30c! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        there is a marriage for a Jennie Keeley in Jun quarter 1926 Wandsworth 1D 1126 to a Walter Harris
        Hi Val,
        Thanks,i did look at that marriage but have never been sure,but as she would of married she would of used her offical name of Jane,or wouldn't that of mattered in those days?
        Thanks,
        Kaz.

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
          ..it looks like they may* have had children as well, born in Kingston and Staines..not allowed to put the names of possible living people on here Kazig, but have a look at FreeBMD....http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
          Naomi - sunny and 30c! :-)
          Naomi,
          Thats great it could be a good lead to follow,why didn't i think of looking for children!!
          Will try & find out more.
          Kaz with a nice sunny morning with an exotic -14!

Comment

Originally posted by kazig View Post
            Hi Val,
            Thanks,i did look at that marriage but have never been sure,but as she would of married she would of used her offical name of Jane,or wouldn't that of mattered in those days?
            Thanks,
            Kaz.
            When you get married, you don't generally have to produce a birth certificate. You can use what name you like, so long as you are not trying to be fraudulent about it. It can cause admin problems if you have documental records with conflicting names. It would be problematic if you did not offer, for banns or equivalent, a name by which you were generally known.

It's not at all unknown for people to vary their names as they through life. Extra names added, or middle and first names swapped around, spellings varied - nay of these things can be found in a tree.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              When you get married, you don't generally have to produce a birth certificate. You can use what name you like, so long as you are not trying to be fraudulent about it. It can cause admin problems if you have documental records with conflicting names. It would be problematic if you did not offer, for banns or equivalent, a name by which you were generally known.

It's not at all unknown for people to vary their names as they through life. Extra names added, or middle and first names swapped around, spellings varied - nay of these things can be found in a tree.

Christine
              Thanks Christine,
              Will look more into this........Will see what else i can find before opting for a marriage cert.....
              Kaz.

Comment

Hi there... I do have a few items of interest My father John Douglas Pipe was born to Blanche Stewart Pipe ( nee Perry) who's mother was Mary Anne Deane who's mother was Sarah Deane who's brother was William Keeley who's son was George Edward William Keeley who's daughter was Rosa Bertha Keeley who's daughter was Jean Keeley... email is

Sorry Eileen but I have had to remove your e-mail address as our T&C's don't allow them on the open forum. Hopefully Kaz will see your message and once you have posted 10 replies you can send a Private Message. You can soon reach 10 posts by either adding your surnames of interest to our Surname Directory, and/or perhaps adding to the quiz on the General Board
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 26-06-15, 20:19.

Comment

Eileen I wouldn't put your email address on here ,if you click on her name you can send her a personal message .

Comment

Val new members have to make 10 messages before they can send a Personal Message

Edna

Comment

oh blast I forgot that.

Comment

Working...
                      X