No announcement yet.

Help finding Annie Keating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Merry, you could see the church from Byrom st!

]

Comment

Ah, I missed this one first time round:

Clara Keating, 1885, Oldham, mmn KEEFE.

I just have to go and eliminate this family a minute, to satisfy myself!

Actually, I'm getting rather worried - I have Ellisons in my tree and I also have a Byrom Street, which, from memory, may or may not be in Wigan!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
        Oooo I need a drink lol..
        If I didn't properly read your last post, the reason is I've already had one!!

Comment

Odd...Clara is on 1891 with sister Annie and parents Patrick and Mary, but allegedly 7 months old.

Loads of Patrick Keating marriages but not to Okeefe. Probably an RC marriage which hasn't yet been transcribed on Lancsbmd.

A red herring then.

OC

Comment

Cheers merry lol...

Another thing thats just come to mind..on Pool St theres a little pub called The Honeysuckle Inn (Its still there now) and my nan told me they stayed in the inn while her and my grandads banns were read. They got someone in Oldfield St to say they lived there. Poolstock was a tight knit community with quite a few Irish that stuck together lol..

Ooo Merry Ellisons and Byrom St scarey , pmsl..

]

Comment

(Just for the sake of completeness - Theresa Keating's mmn was SEWARD.)

I am having a real sense of deja vu here. I distinctly remember going through and picking out all the Keatings with mmn Craven and Deacon.........for what reason, I cannot remember!

I don't have any Keatings in my tree. I just checked.

OC

Comment

lol Oc, im getting all confused now so better call it a night I think. Im falling over my Gregorys and Fishers and getting them all mixed up lol..

There were more Gavaghans at no 9 Byrom St but think they were another red herring... I think Merry is right and they just stayed there while the banns were read!

OC if you remember let us know lol..Night all..
                Last edited by Northern Light; 05-04-08, 22:13.

]

Comment

Morning all
                  Thanks to you all for whittling away yesterday on this quest, there appears to be a few permetations, Merry's idea "I wondered if she was Annie Something-Else in 1891 and possibly at birth too. Perhaps either her parents were not married at her birth or Thomas was a step-father?" is looking more and more possible, or the other senario that the family came across from Ireland sometime after 1901.
                  To straighten out a couple of things
                  The Ellison family lived at 74 Byrom St in 1891,
                  The witness to the marriage, Isabelle Sharples was Isabelle Bateman who was visting the Ellisons' on census night in 1901 when they lived at 36 Victoria Terrace, she married William Sharples Q4 1907.
                  But alas no nearer to finding out who was Annie, have to wait until 2011 I think and see what the census turns up then

L

Comment

Noooooo!!!!

Try the Lancs RO for admission records for the Industrial School!!

Comment

Well I still think risking the death cert for Thomas might be worth a shot. Or even e mailing the Wigan History shop Wigan Heritage Services and asking them have they any further details.
                      Im sure the name Keating isnt an "old Wigan name"

Good luck..

]

Comment

You could even ask here..www.wiganworld.co.uk - Wigan site for Wiganers - Wigan's No 1 Website.

They have a great forum and the people on there are so helpful, there all Wiganers and very friendly lol..

]

Comment

I did wonder if Thomas, of Thomas and Ann Keeting who were in Wigan in 1891, might have been the father, but the mother wasn't his wife?? However, I would have thought it would be quite unusual for the child to take his name in those circumstances.

I can't see Thomas and Ann in 1901, but he is near enough in age to perhaps be the one who died in 1915.

I'm not sure how getting the death cert would prove anything, unless the occupation/informant helped.

Comment

**I'm not sure how getting the death cert would prove anything, unless the occupation/informant helped.**

Thats all I would hope for Merry that the informant is a relative and gives a few clues,

]

Comment

I am also searching for information on the Keating family don't know if this is any help but this is my post

My grandfather was Joseph Keating he married Margaret O'Keeffe

There are several ways of spelling O'keefe or O'Keeffe don't know if you have tried a wild card on the spelling.

Comment

Working...
                              X