Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longfield, 1911 census

Help I am stuck!
    I am trying to find out about the parents and siblings of Francis Denton Longfield born 9th July 1901 Sculcoates, Hull, East Yorkshire. He died 1974 Pontefract. Married Mary Florence H Webster in 1922 Hull.
    He was born too late to be on the 1901 census so there might be some clues in the 1911 census.
    Can anyone help please?

have pmd you

Comment

The logical thing to do is to buy the marriage cert and see who the fathers of the bride and groom were and also any witness' (as they may be family members).
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes I know it is what I should do but am loathe to spend on certificates at this time as this my friends tree.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmaSilver View Post
          Yes I know it is what I should do but am loathe to spend on certificates at this time as this my friends tree.
          aha.. would your friend be prepared to purchase the certificate? Birth would be a favourite.. failing that it would be a matter of pure guesswork, which could lead you and your friend down the wrong garden path.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have had a look on YorksBMD, between 1887 and 1911, and can see all the 5 living children as being the ones born in East Sculcoates. There are supposed to be another six who had died. There are two likely registrations in the same list for YorksBMD (Elizabeth and Olive M), so there are another four who don't appear there, for some reason.

I suspect that they may have been born in the Liverpool area, because the eldest living child, "Sushannah" M was registered in East Sculcoates, but has a PoB "Liverpool". Having said that, the mother has no PoB at all.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

In 1901, the family was entered in the census as LINGFIELD, and the mother's PoB was Liverpool, and eldest daughter's was Hull.

In 1891, the father has a different first name altogether - some mistake! - and they seem to be staying with the wife's widowed father, in Everton.

Christine
              Last edited by Christine in Herts; 04-01-11, 22:48.
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X