Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heather Positive Thinker
    replied
    What a brilliant job you lot have done - I dont know how you manage to find all this particularly when its the other side of the atlantic and so few people have the US records. Well done everyone!!

Leave a comment:

• Merry Monty Montgomery
    replied
    No, it's from the 1880 US census.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    is that someone family tree ? Do they have a contact? eamil?

Leave a comment:

• Merry Monty Montgomery
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissmith1980 View Post
    So there is noway to find out N***** T Smith dad ?

Is this him on the 1880 US census on Family Search?

Name Relation Marital Status Race Age Birthplace Occ Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace

Sam SMITH Self M W 40 MD Farmer MD PA
    M. S. SMITH Wife M W 37 SC Keeping House SC SC
    S. E. SMITH Dau S W 12 AL MD SC
    Nicodemas SMITH Son S W 10 AL Assists On Farm MD SC <<<<<<<
    Francis SMITH Dau S W 9 AL MD SC
    J. G. SMITH Son S W 7 AL MD SC
    William E. SMITH Son S W 2 AL MD SC

Living at Hills, Marengo, Alabama

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    Oh and where it says East point Thats should be West point because i know the place and live 5 min from it

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    So there is noway to find out N***** T Smith dad ?

Leave a comment:

• WendyP
    replied
    HI

As I can't make out his name myself hopefully here is a small snipet

Here is the 1910 that Chris referrred to Pearson Cross Roads, Chambers Alabama

N***** T Smith 39 Alabama Occ Farmer Male
    Lou E Smith 29 Alabama Female
    John W Smith 17 Alabama Male
    Mattie P Smith 16 Alabama Female
    Charles E Smith 13 Alabama Male
    Marrion G Smith 7 Alabama Male
    Annie K Smith 9 Alabama Female
    Walter M Smith 5 Alabama Male
    Grady E Smith 5mths Alabama Male

On it they state that they have been married for 18 years and Lou* has had 9 children and only 7 of those are still alive at time of census.

1920 They are in East Point, Georgia

N***** T Smith 48 Widow
    John W Smith 25
    Anna Kate Smith 17
    Walter M Smith 14
    Grady E Smith 10
    ***** Smith

In the same household
    There is an Italian Gent and his wife who is also down as N***** daughter she goes by the name of Pearl M Smith bn 1898 Alabama. I can't see her at first glance in the 1910 census.

Thinking about it maybe Mattie P is Pearl M with a few years knocked off by the time of the 1920.

Cant see Marrion G Smith yet in the 1920 census or even the 1930.
    Last edited by WendyP; 21-12-07, 14:37. Reason: Adding in whether Male or Female

Leave a comment:

• KiteRunner
    replied
    The only one I can see with a name anything like that and age 11 in Chambers on the 1910 is listed as "Marin Smith" with T F Smith 32 Ina Smith 35 Howard Smith 23 and Mary Rodger 76. Nothing like the name you said it gave for his father? (Nocodia) I haven't got a sub for the US stuff on there either so I can only go by what it says if I do a free search. The free search for the 1900 census doesn't seem to tell me who else is in the household, and I can't see any of them except Howard on that one! But I'm not sure if that is the right family anyway? Did you print it out or note down all the details while you had a subscription?

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    My thing for ancestery ran out
    but if you seach for marion g smith in Chambers county Alabama you should find it on there i think he was 11 in 1910

Leave a comment:

• KiteRunner
    replied
    Sorry, Chris, I've tried looking for Marion G Smith and for Nocodia Smith with or without Soundex on the 1910 census but I can't see the entry you mean. Searching for Nocodia Smith just comes up with "no matches" whatever I try and there seem to be no Marion G Smiths in Alabama and only one who was born in Alabama but doesn't seem to have his father with him? If you can give me another clue to find them in 1910 perhaps I can start from that.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    I dont think so.Its weird tho that marion g dad on the 1910 as nocodia smith i thinkt hats how you spell it but anyways thats the only time you see him and no other time

Leave a comment:

• KiteRunner
    replied
    Chris, I wonder whether she might have a load of old documents stashed away in the loft or somewhere that might help?

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    Thats all she new was her dad was marion guy smith and she was relatied to us some way.She is like 70 something now so you cant remember much

Leave a comment:

• WendyP
    replied
    HI Chris

As KiteRunner has said, you need to speak to this woman again and ask her for some more info.

Maybe them someone can help further with your requests.

Leave a comment:

• KiteRunner
    replied
    Sorry, Chris, but the only entry I can see for a Marion Guy Smith on ancestry is in the WW1 draft registration cards and my sub doesn't allow me to look at those so I don't know what it says on it, but anyway, if his middle name isn't given on the censuses then I don't think I would be able to pick him out from all the other Marion Smiths. Perhaps you could contact the person who was related to him and get more info from them?

Leave a comment:

• KiteRunner
    replied
    Chris, I sent you a couple of PM's with contact details for the people who had Moses in their trees, hope you got them.

I might not have time to look for Marion Guy Smith for a couple of days what with Christmas shopping and everything, but maybe some time next week.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    Hmm there was thsi woman we talk to that said she was related to us some way but not sure how and her dad name was marion guy smith and on ancestery i only see him one time wondering if anyone could help me out on this to see if how he was related to marion polk smith because its weird him haein the same name as my great gradfather that died in 2002

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    Hey could you give me the address to the people on the site that you said had mooses in there family treee and marion ?

Leave a comment:

• KiteRunner
    replied
    This is the site, Chris:

FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

Leave a comment:

• Chrissmith1980
    replied
    what site is that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X