My grandad's mysterious double life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this will help but I found this

There is a Welshman Association. and a Mr.Payne has information & can be contacted at philyn2@aol.com. There are some other deatails on

Welshman-Manxman
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Thanks Vikki,

I've tried sending them an e-mail regarding my uncle's naval record.

It would be great if I could find another photo of him as Mum & B only have one each, and, as I mentioned, neither recognises the other's photo!

I wonder whether any photos might still exist of the crew or off the staff in Malta, where he was stationed for some time.

Comment

Do the photographs appear to be of the same person to you? Could you post them so that listers can do a comparison?

JDGen
        CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
        DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
        HRT: Gurney
        HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
        LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
        NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
        YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Comment

Originally posted by karensainsbury View Post
          I wonder whether any photos might still exist of the crew or off the staff in Malta, where he was stationed for some time.
          There might be crew pictures somewhere, the Welshman Assosiation might be able to help with that too.
          Vikki -
          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

if you google "hms welshman" (as i have typed it) there are loads of sites, and some of them have got pictures on.
            **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just thought of a snag - I don't think he would actually be crew as such. He was based in Malta in the vice-admiral's office & was just unfortunate to be on the ship when it was hit. I don't know whether he travelled on it regularly or not.
              The e-mail link was no good - my e-mail was returned undelivered.
              If I can work out how to put a photo on here I might try that, but don't hold your breath!!!!!!!

Comment

is it this one?

Comment

Yes it is - you beat me to it!

Comment

You can always get a mod to delete it after you have saved the info.

Comment

Working...
                    X