william nixon biddulph staffordshire look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• william nixon biddulph staffordshire look up please

william nixon b. 1743. Biddulph staffordshire d. 1819. Greenway Moor Biddulph married mary poole b. 1746 d. 1823 no date for marriage. they had a daughter ruth nixon she had a son i believe he was illegitimate as she called him thomas nixon b. 1794 Biddulph d. 1830 Biddulph he married olive bailey. i would like some help looking up thomas birth certificate and seeing if his fathers name is on there also olive and thomas wedding certificate and any other info relating to this family. as william is as far as i have gone and im at a brick wall with this. thanks clare

Hi welcome to FTF.
    For births before 1837 there are no certificates as such only baptism records if they exist, and even then not all are online.
    So to start you could look at www.familysearch.org where they have records of baptisms going back to 1500 but they are not complete and do not cover all the counties or parishes.
    Margaret

Comment

on familysearch.org there is a baptism record for Thomas 7 Dec 1794 and only his mother Ruth Nixon is shown. To find a father in this case is going to be very difficult as it would have needed a Bastardy Order in the parish concerned to establish who he was and then make him pay to support the child.
      You probably need to contact the Records Office for Stafffordshire to see what records they have.
      Margaret

Comment

Clare - Are you sure you have the correct Thomas Nixon married to Olive Bailey? I have these individuals in my family tree and Thomas was aged 49 years when he died in 1830. This makes his birthdate 1781 and I think he was the SON of William Nixon and Mary Poole, thereby making him Ruth Nixon's brother not her son. Thomas was buried 13th February 1830 at St Lawrence, Biddulph, Staffs. Would be glad to exchange further details.

Regards - Joan

Comment

Hi Clare and Joan

Looks like I may have Thomas and Olive in a distant branch of my tree too. I have Olive Bailey baptised 1793,illegitimate daughter of an Anne Bailey although on one of her marriage certificates she said a Richard Bailey was her father. Olive married 3 times to Thomas Nixon,John Bailey and William Beech. I am descended from Joseph Bailey born about 1791 of Biddulph and Biddulph moor and my line is linked with Browns,Plants,Nixons,Pooles and many other Biddulph names. I have my late dad's correspondence with the late George Plant of Biddulph Moor who was a mine of information on many Biddulph families ! Will look through my notes for what I have on Thomas Nixon. By the way Clare I also have Beddows of Lancashire in my direct line though spelt differently to your surname.
          Liz
          my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Hi I'm looking for information about Ted plant (albert edward plant) of Biddulph moor
            I saw your mention of George plant if it's the same George I remember him as a child visiting our home and was wondering if you could help with any relevant information as I'm not sure where to start .
            Hope you dont mind me asking .
            Sharon

Comment

Hi Sharon and welcome to the forum, hopefully congletonian will reply soon. I have Plants in my family too, but all in Lincolnshire.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Plant is more popular than I first thought . ?

Comment

Hi Sharon
                  ive just seen your post today . You’re right there are loads of Plants from Biddulph Moor . I’ll have a look over the weekend and see if I ve got any info on your Albert Edward . Do you have his birth date ?

Liz
                  my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Hi liz thank you so much on his birth certificate it names him as edward plant not so sure where the albert comes in but everyone called him Ted.
                    I'll find it out for the date of birth in the morning .
                    October 11th be back to you with the year .

Comment

Year of birth 1906

Comment

I think This is linked to this post:
                        https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...0-plant-brough
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                        X