Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,, New and looking for help,., can you imagine that? LOL

Hi Everyone! Glad to meetcha!

I am trying in vain to try and get some information,, Census records, BMD,, anything on Italy. Does anyone know where I can find some information out? Census or BMD,, both would be good but am willing to look anywhere in hopes. There just doesnt seem to be much out there?

Thanks!

hiya and welcome to Family Tree Forum, we have a Reference Library and it has an Italy page click on the link below

when you have finished looking at that page if you click on the 'forum' tab second from left towards the top of screen it will bring you back to the forum.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you very much!! I appreciate the help

Comment

No problems, am sure that if you do have any queries that if you ask then someone generally replies pretty quickly :D
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you, but there's virtually nothing online (or anywhere else for that matter) for Italy. The links in the Reference Library will tell you more about the situation.

Comment

Family Search (Beta) has added some records from Italy recently.

Italy Births and Baptisms, 1806-1900 5715650
            Italy Deaths and Burials, 1809-1900 1416701
            Italy Marriages, 1809-1900 2168801
            Italy, Catholic Church Records Images
            Italy, Mantova Civil Records, 1806-1815 Images
            Italy, Napoli Province Municipal Records, 1809-1936 Images
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline,, I sure wish all of these countries were as easy to look through as England. The Uk has amazing records and even the US,, Canada stinks but Ontario is also amazing!!

I am thinking that unless I win the jackpot and can go to Italy I am going to have to snub this one off,... There is just nothing to be found.. Hard Hard,, LOL

Thanks again for posting for me Tina

Comment

I'm afraid it doesn't necessarily help going to Italy. What sort of date and place are you looking for? After 1860 records are held by town councils, but there's no central index, and local councils aren't particularly helpful. Before 1860 they're held by individual parish churches. So unless you have a pretty accurate idea of where and when an event took place, you can't get very far.

Comment

Italy is very frustrating to me. I will never go there.. but,, well I am frustrated. Is there anywhere I can maybe find Army records?? Not a casulaty,, just he entered and then commited suicide because of his fear.
                  I am sure he entered in Palermo Italy.. Most of this family is there,, is there a site for that area? Is that a city or a county? Thanks for helping

Comment

if you can post names and dates and stuff like that then maybe someone can help
                    WendyP

Comment

Palermo is a city in Sicily which is the island at the very tip of mainland of Italy.
                      Margaret

Comment

There are no Italian army or inquest records available as far as I know. Was he with the British, American or Italian army? If he was with the British army, then his service record will be avaialble to his next of kin.

If he died in Palermo, then in theory it should be possible to get a death certificate from the city council, but it won't have an awful lot of information on it (although I think it should give his parents' names and date of birth). No idea how cooperative the Palermo city council are; some councils don't even bother to reply, but the ones in southern Italy are a bit more used to Americans writing in with genealogy requests (hardly anyone does genealogy in Italy, unless they're from an aristocratic famliy, because it's so difficult).
                        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 25-09-10, 15:05.

Comment

Thanks. I am looking for information on these families. Rosario D'Amico, wife Maria Campanella.. Trying to find out if Maria had a brother named Giuseppe Campanella. Also looking for Guseppi Gorofolo family, Guseppina Fiore and family.. All seem to be in the Jato Palermo area,, but I havent gone far so who knows?? Thanks again

Comment

There's a town near Palermo called San Giuseppe Jato - is that where they're from?

What sort of dates are you looking for?

Comment

Yes Mary,, that is it!! I am looking for anything I can find,, which isnt alot at this point!!
                              Thank you

Comment

You need to be a bit more specific with your questions, though, otherwise nobody can really help. I could help you write a letter to the San Giuseppe Jato town council, but there's no guarantee that they'll actually answer. It's quite a small place, and from their website, it looks as though they don't even have an e-mail address.

They've done a brochure about the town, which has been translated (not very well) into English, that you might be interested in:

Can you post on here what you know about the people you've named, including the source of the information, so we can at least try and narrow down the dates a bit?

Comment

Here is one that I am sure of. Vito D'Amico married Gaetana Garofolo in Italy. Vito was born in 1914 and Gaetana was born about 1916. Vito is son to Rosario D'Amico and Maria Campanella. Gaetana is a daugher to Giusepina Fiore of Trapani I believe.

Thanks again if anyone can help.

Comment

Sorry, just realised I never came back to you about this.

I see there's a tree on Ancestry which includes Vito and Gaetana and various ancestors of theirs. The tree owner appears to be their son. There's a link to it here in case you hadn't already seen it:

Originally posted by albertagirl View Post
                                    Here is one that I am sure of. Vito D'Amico married Gaetana Garofolo in Italy. Vito was born in 1914 and Gaetana was born about 1916. Vito is son to Rosario D'Amico and Maria Campanella. Gaetana is a daugher to Giusepina Fiore of Trapani I believe.
                                    Can you tell me the source of the information? E.g. does it come from a family bible, or a naturalisation application, for example?
                                    Do you know where and when Vito and Gaetana married exactly, and when they emigrated?
                                    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 01-11-10, 21:33.

Comment

Hi Alberta. Did you ever find any more information? Vito D’Amico and Gaetana Garofalo were my grandparents. X

Comment

Originally posted by MelSto View Post
                                        Hi Alberta. Did you ever find any more information? Vito D’Amico and Gaetana Garofalo were my grandparents. X
                                        I am sorry to say that she hasn't visited us since she posted these messages. I have checked and she won't receive any notifications about your response either as her email address must have bounced as it had been removed.

Maybe she will find your post on a search engine.

Caroline
                                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                                        X