Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Cohens.....New Thread Please Post Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other info. provided on that marriage. I looked myself, but couldn't find it. Not convinced he's our man. YET. Bring on those uncles and brothers if they're there. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyP View Post
      Just incase anyones got access to Ancestry and can check cos I have seen that there is a One world tree on Ancestry that has an Israel Isidore Cohen and spouse being Leah Crangel - I'm just curious what other info it gives. I now i'm sidestepping but if it helps find these older siblilngs for Sam or as naomi stated Uncles to Sam then bring it on.....LOL
      The tree does not have any info further back than Israel, nor is there a contact. Couldn't see them in a newer tree either.
      It is just that immediate family.
      Karen

Comment

• Cheers Karen
        WendyP

Comment

• Hmmm....okeedokee then. Thanks Karen.

Comment

• Wow - could that be Sam!!

Comment

• Zowee.....now what? If that's his naturalization where do I send for a cert?

Comment

• I was looking for records and or addresses for when they were in Montreal. Still looking.
                Karen

Comment

• Originally posted by Karen S View Post
                  Wrechtsman - says that you need to provide info that the person is deceased...if no cert, the photo of the stone would be ok..

Comment

• KarenS....I think the Cohens left Montreal and went to Trenton, Ontario and then Toronto. Not sure how long they stayed in Montreal.

Comment

• Hi Everyone...I read your message #291, Wendi...Since I was born in Toronto, the fourth in the Cohen Family, Saul & Martha were born in Toronto,Max & Bernie were born in Montreal. I do believe we lived in Toronto,then the family moved from Montreal. We must have spent some considerable time in Toronto..When the depression deepened in the 30`s, we moved to Trenton ..I do remember my mother Fanny feeding the HOBOs, who came off the trains, looking for work...It was a very bad time for a lot of people...I attended kindergarten, so I may have been 5 or 6 years old at that time...Martha was a toddler, about three yrs. old...We had a wonderful childhood there...Never a moment of hunger...Farmers there were very generous with their vegetable crops, eggs.,milk...I believe we were there for about 4-5 years..then we moved to Toronto, as the pant factory that he worked in, closed down...Just thought I would fill you in...Thanks everyone for your great interest in the Cohen, Myers, history...It is greatly appreciated.!!!...bsc

Comment

• Hi - wretchsman - how did you get on with the naturalisation for Sam?

Comment

• Re; the nat for Sam...got all these forms I have to send in....it's on my to-do list asap. Please bug me...you're allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrechtsman View Post
                            Re; the nat for Sam...got all these forms I have to send in....it's on my to-do list asap. Please bug me...you're allowed.
                            Ok!! Happy Mother's Day! (it is over here as well)

Comment

• Originally posted by bscierra View Post
                              Hi Everyone...I read your message #291, Wendi...Since I was born in Toronto, the fourth in the Cohen Family, Saul & Martha were born in Toronto,Max & Bernie were born in Montreal. I do believe we lived in Toronto,then the family moved from Montreal. We must have spent some considerable time in Toronto..When the depression deepened in the 30`s, we moved to Trenton ..I do remember my mother Fanny feeding the HOBOs, who came off the trains, looking for work...It was a very bad time for a lot of people...I attended kindergarten, so I may have been 5 or 6 years old at that time...Martha was a toddler, about three yrs. old...We had a wonderful childhood there...Never a moment of hunger...Farmers there were very generous with their vegetable crops, eggs.,milk...I believe we were there for about 4-5 years..then we moved to Toronto, as the pant factory that he worked in, closed down...Just thought I would fill you in...Thanks everyone for your great interest in the Cohen, Myers, history...It is greatly appreciated.!!!...bsc
                              Hi bsc - it's nice to hear your story....your mother was a nice lady..

Comment

• Originally posted by bscierra View Post
                                Hi Everyone...I read your message #291, Wendi...Since I was born in Toronto, the fourth in the Cohen Family, Saul & Martha were born in Toronto,Max & Bernie were born in Montreal. I do believe we lived in Toronto,then the family moved from Montreal. We must have spent some considerable time in Toronto..When the depression deepened in the 30`s, we moved to Trenton ..I do remember my mother Fanny feeding the HOBOs, who came off the trains, looking for work...It was a very bad time for a lot of people...I attended kindergarten, so I may have been 5 or 6 years old at that time...Martha was a toddler, about three yrs. old...We had a wonderful childhood there...Never a moment of hunger...Farmers there were very generous with their vegetable crops, eggs.,milk...I believe we were there for about 4-5 years..then we moved to Toronto, as the pant factory that he worked in, closed down...Just thought I would fill you in...Thanks everyone for your great interest in the Cohen, Myers, history...It is greatly appreciated.!!!...bsc
                                Yes, it's lovely to hear old stories from before our time, or my time (b. 1953) I wished I had listened more carefully to my grandmother's stories before she died in 1967, but I was too young to be interested then, now it's too late. Keep these stories coming bsc.... we're all ears.

W
                                We should never forget them,
                                Because we would not be here today, but for them.
                                We should be proud, reflect, respect and always remember them.
                                Because we all have them…
                                Them… were our Ancestors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallaby View Post
                                  Yes, it's lovely to hear old stories from before our time, or my time (b. 1953) I wished I had listened more carefully to my grandmother's stories before she died in 1967, but I was too young to be interested then, now it's too late. Keep these stories coming bsc.... we're all ears.

W
                                  Same here Wallaby! Could kick myself now....well I remember bits and pieces, but you just wouldn't think to write things down.

Comment

• And now everyone will have the internet to look back on! Just think!

Comment

• Originally posted by wrechtsman View Post
                                      And now everyone will have the internet to look back on! Just think!
                                      yes..aren't they lucky!!...and we're doing all the hard yakka for them!! :D

Comment

Working...
                                      X