Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Cohens.....New Thread Please Post Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Back,
    Wendi requests a move to a private site...Adoption and Reunion. Whoever OK's and moves the Cohen and Myers threads please move us. I give my authorized permission.

Comment

• Hi - have you had a chance to look through the Australian info yet? The Aus Archives and the burials......

Comment

• The new Roots is out - http://www.jewishtelegraph.com/ There is a post that mentions 29 Copenhagen St. Click on Roots, right hand side of the main page..

Comment

• Richard from Perth has just posted that there are lots of new records on FamilySearch, inc Canada etc etc
          Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Comment

• In response and not reading the post properly here is the photo of the 2 men that are under suspicion

having seen them like this I do think they are the same man they have the same lip, nose and eye brow shape.

but those are only my feelings.....
            WendyP

Comment

• Hi WendyP...You are absolutely correct, this is my Dad, Sam Cohen...The skinny one on the left was in his younger years. The one on the right with the cigar is Sam in his 20`s, a more mature man...My late brother Saul was a double of him, in features and build...In his later years Sam put on a lot of weight and thinning of the hair.. I cannot understand why the doubt?? I remember him clearly!!!!!! Thanks Wendy for clearing this up...I do not know who the man on the left is...Could he be a brother, or a friend?? bsc...

Comment

• I have had a chance to look at the Australian info and unfortunately, nothing popping up. Doesn't mean to say that it's not there, but I didn't see anything.

Comment

• I'll put this on the Myers topic as well - have made contact with a Secunda family who have sent lots of info.

Comment

• HI Wendi or Bsc

Do you have any known addresses for your nearest and dearest Cohen family Sam and Fanny between the years of marriage and at least Sams death?
                    WendyP

Comment

• 58 Byron St. and 23 Bridge Street in Leeds. Those are two addresses I'm interested in. Thanks WendyP If you have anyone at those 2 places let me know. The rest of the addresses in Canada I have.

Comment

• HI Wendi

no problem I just want to see what the early addresses where incase there were family members there in the 1901 - 1911 Canadian census that's all. And to use the advantage of Google incase anyone else has those addresses in their history. I know you dont like Google picking up your thread. I personally would love it if someone found me by uisng google and was connected to me in some weird and wonderful way.
                        WendyP

Comment

• Hi Wendi R...bscierra here-- I am trying to understand why we have to be so private??? The successful part of this history is that someone out there in cyber space will recognize, or relate to the addresses of our LATE KIN, from Leeds..which is an asset ...None of us have given any intimate details about our lives...?? I am puzzled...bsc...

Comment

• Bscierra...the whole private paranoia revolves around many programs I've recently heard on internet abuse, mis-use and privacy laws. As much as many of us enjoy this type of community to exchange ideas, ask for help and give info. there are others who don't think and feel as we do. All I'm trying to say, is to be careful about giving any information of a personal nature that could be used against you. As long as you're careful, you have nothing to be concerned about.

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                              HI Wendi

no problem I just want to see what the early addresses where incase there were family members there in the 1901 - 1911 Canadian census that's all. And to use the advantage of Google incase anyone else has those addresses in their history. I know you dont like Google picking up your thread. I personally would love it if someone found me by uisng google and was connected to me in some weird and wonderful way.
                              That's a good idea WendyP - I always google old addresses.....

Multicultural Canada, http://multiculturalcanada.ca/ , has increased its collection of digitized Canadian Jewish newspapers/weeklies. It has Canadian Jewish News, Canadian Jewish Review, and Jewish Western Bulletin.
                              Last edited by naomiatt; 02-05-10, 00:38.

Comment

• Thanks to WendyP again. I've e mailed Bscierra to ask her about an old address Sam lived on on Queen St. So if you're reading this bscierra please try and remember if the store had a name or if you remember an address.

Comment

• Hiya,

Naomi's been fishing & gathered some good contacts for Wendi's Seccunda's as she has said above & possibly my Rosenberg's too, altho too early to tell for sure as yet. One lady will be joining us soon after she reads thru the threads lol! & she is planning to start a Seccunda Thread. I'm in contact with another contact in S.A thru this same person who is joining us soon re; Rosenberg's. So, things are going on in the background thru Naomi's links & are being followed up thru emails. I'll put this post on Wendi's Cohen Thread & also my HR thread too.

W
                                  We should never forget them,
                                  Because we would not be here today, but for them.
                                  We should be proud, reflect, respect and always remember them.
                                  Because we all have them…
                                  Them… were our Ancestors.

Comment

• HI

just found your Dr Saul Cohen son of our Sam And Fanny in the Canadian Who's Who 2003 on google Books

here's the link if it works:-

Now in its 93rd year of publication this standard Canadian reference source contains a comprehensive and authoritative biographical information on notable living Canadians. Those listed are carefully selected because of the positions they hold in Canadian society or because of the contribution they have made to life in Canada.

I wont copy and paste any of the info as it does name his wife and children and his in laws.
                                    WendyP

Comment

• That's our guy WendyP....thanks for not copying and pastng...I laughed when you said "our Sam and Fanny".
                                      w.

Comment

• No problem - I noted on there they used the spelling of Meyers for Fanny's maiden name. Just goes to show how unimportant spelling was to people and just how hard it makes it for people like us when trying to search for them., LOL
                                        WendyP

Comment

• Hi - I can't open the links that were sent to me a few weeks ago...on the death info from Ancestry, there were addresses...I think poss on a marriage cert as well....

I don't think we've found Sam Cohen travelling to the US or to Canada yet...and I'm not sure that he travelled with his future father-in-law...
                                          did he go independently and then decide to come over to Canada as it seems that he was betrothed...

Comment

Working...
                                          X