Norfolk Parish Registers online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolk Parish Registers online!

Norfolk parish registers have been released today on the pilot familysearch site. They're not indexed tho only browsable images.

Enjoy, think it will be late night for me!

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
    Jay

Wow!! A very late night for me coming up now!
    And my OH is cooking a romantic meal now that the kids have gone to bed...how will I focus on the food...or her...???

Thanks!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Fantastic

Just added it to favourites to carry on tomorrow. I have found loads of Bap and marriages in Lincoln with loads of details.

Thank you
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Maybe I'm being thick, but how do you get to see the images?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Try this: http://pilot.familysearch.org/record...ollections;r=1
          But remember it's not indexed. I've been struggling to see many images tonight - perhaps high demand??
          Kind regards,
          William

Comment

Thank you Jay. The baptisms for St Nicholas Great Yarmouth are so neat and clear - and the mothers maiden name is recorded as well (1794-1799 at least). I can see I will days hunting my Brazells

Di
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Got it now, found some baptisms, banns and burials for some of my lot. Yippee!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Great stuff, have found my 4x great grandfathers baptism Philip Lidamore/Lizamores baptism 1781 at Hempnall to James and Mary Lidamore. Also found two brothers John 1777 and William 1785. Kicking myself finding this so late, as I'm having to go off to bed, too tired for tonight..but if anyone is feeling bored, or without Norfolk ancestors and feeling left out,and can find any other siblings or the parents marriage for me, much appreciated! Good night all & happy hunting.

Comment

Thanks Jay. Found some baptisms and burials in Ditchingham and now off to hunt for more at Yarmouth.

Comment

Brilliant! I just found another 4th-gt grandfather, and the register even gives his mother's maiden name - so back another generation!

Comment

Pleased to hear everyone is having sucess. Just like being in the archives but you can shout as loud as you want when you find something without being told to shhhh!!

I've found out quite abit lastnight, tho there's a few parishes that i'm interested in that don't seem to be listed.

Happy hunting
                      Jay

Comment

I've filled in lots of niggling little gaps so far without discovering any earth shattering - but a year full time at this wouldn't finish the job!
                        Kind regards,
                        William

Comment

If anyone comes across a Horstead marriage about 1760 please let me know.

Comment

When I was at the NRO I wanted photocopies of some baptisms for Bacton. Evidently the Vicar of Bacton won't allow this. They are not on here either. How rotten is that. What legitimate reason do you think he would have for not allowing the photocopying of these records? After all you can write them out word for word.

This could also be the reason that other parishes are not listed too.
                            Last edited by Katarzyna; 23-02-10, 20:41.
                            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Just caught up with this thread. Great to have the Norfolk records!! I have so many dead ends, hopefully I'll be able to get further back.;D

I've found my 5x gt grandparents marriage and it confirms my suspicions that it was mistranscribed on freereg. Edmund Davey married Elizabeth Baleboth, according to freereg. But the register says Edmund Davey & Elizabeth Bale, both single..lol
                              Sue

Comment

Yes, I'm finding the hit and miss for Norfolk a bit odd. (I'd like Southrepps and Gimingham!)
                                I had wondered at first if it was to do with archdeaconries, but Happisburgh , Lessingham & Hempstead and Eccles are on, whilst nearby Bacton is not. Now you've explained it was possibly the vicar's decree.

I am thrilled with what HAS been put on - trouble is, now so much is available online, we are disappointed about what is not available from our armchair!

Jay
                                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

True Janet.

My eyeballs are hanging on my cheeks now and still I havent located Edward rotten Horstead b 1735 or Elziabeth Selby born 1741 anywhere. Or their marriage - scream. I cant understand where these two appeared from. They are certainly in Ketteringham in 1763 as I have the settlement cert where they are moving to the next village. Oh its so frustrating. I was hoping Mulbarton would be on there :( As Id previously found a bap for an Elizabeth Selvey in the right year. I thought I might find a marriage there for Edward Horstead but course, that one is missing.

Comment

Thats it, cant take any more, I shall be dreaming about ******* Algernon Broom who appears to the be to Marriage Registers what Tommy Atkins was to WW1 recruitment forms. BED.

Comment

Looks like I am going to have a few night oil moments tracing the Norfolk twigs now, once I have dealt with the Cornish ones I am looking at presently.
                                      Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

Working...
                                      X