little girl lost....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little girl lost....

I have hit a problem, whilst going through and adding census refs, I got to the 1871 and discovered that my gt grandads sister isnt on the census with them, she should be as she was born dec q 1864, but she isnt with her parents.

Julia Shelton b.dec q 1864 basford dist, Nottingham,

she should be living in Hucknall Torkard with her parents Thos. & Martha Shelton but she isnt.

1871 for ref:
    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 3491; Folio: 40; Page: 10; GSU roll: 839740.

any help appreciated, thank you
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

So presumably not this one then? I'm surprised there's more than one with that name and age!

Comment

Sorry - can't find any others. Maybe they accidentally missed her off. I have one I suspect that happened to. :(

Anne

Comment

nope Anne, its driving me MAD!! why should her younger brother be there and her older brothers but not her!! grrr and no thats not her, (sorry) she isnt with her paternal or maternal g/parents cos i have looked!
        Julie

Comment

Could she have been in hospital and recorded with an initial or misspelt? Or with her granny?
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
            Could she have been in hospital and recorded with an initial or misspelt? Or with her granny?
            nothing coming up UJ, and her paternal grandparents were already dead by then, I just cant see her...
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              Sorry - can't find any others. Maybe they accidentally missed her off. I have one I suspect that happened to. :(

Anne

mmmm I have no idea, but appreciate you looking Anne, :D
              Julie

Comment

I once had a lost little girl - my great-grandmother's little sister 2yrs old was missing from the family group in 1861. Found her, with her last name spelled wrong, with her maternal grandmother who had remarried after the grandfather died. But I see you have ruled out her being with her grandparents ... what about an aunt/uncle?

Lynda

Comment

Hi

You may have this but there is a Julia Shelton buried Hucknall Municipal Cemetery 11.11.1890 aged 26 Yrs. Listed as FWKs Daughter of Carlingford Rd.(Presumably unmarried)

Comment

Originally posted by willscarlet View Post
                    Hi

You may have this but there is a Julia Shelton buried Hucknall Municipal Cemetery 11.11.1890 aged 26 Yrs. Listed as FWKs Daughter of Carlingford Rd.(Presumably unmarried)
                    just dragging this back up.. Yes that is her buried in the cemetery, the whole family were wiped out through TB starting in 1890 with Julia through to 1897 with Thomas aged 33.

I still can't see her though on the 1871 census [even though she should be about 7 yrs old]
                    Julie

Comment

Sorry, Julie, nothing coming up so far :(
                      Although I've never experienced it, I'm sure that, due to all the copying out from one set of papers to another, occasionally there were errors and individuals accidentally got missed off the final return.
                      I see the parents were recorded as "lodgers." Have you checked the households of ALL members of the extended family (including great-aunts etc?) It was quite common for children to have short stays with a family member, especially an older person - suspect they enjoyed the company and the child enjoyed the bit of individual attention!

Jay
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I had one exactly the same as this, after a long search found her at the local school, so was on the schools census, not at home so maybe worth a search...I think the census was taken and collected at all times of the day, not just in the evening, which I think a few of us think it was....

Lilly

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                          Sorry, Julie, nothing coming up so far :(
                          Although I've never experienced it, I'm sure that, due to all the copying out from one set of papers to another, occasionally there were errors and individuals accidentally got missed off the final return.
                          I see the parents were recorded as "lodgers." Have you checked the households of ALL members of the extended family (including great-aunts etc?) It was quite common for children to have short stays with a family member, especially an older person - suspect they enjoyed the company and the child enjoyed the bit of individual attention!

Jay
                          no that's ok Jay.. I am slowly checking great aunts.. but just seems odd that she doesn't show. John Beeston was Marthas brother if I remember rightly.
                          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly the flower View Post
                            I had one exactly the same as this, after a long search found her at the local school, so was on the schools census, not at home so maybe worth a search...I think the census was taken and collected at all times of the day, not just in the evening, which I think a few of us think it was....

Lilly
                            hmmn, will have to check that.. good idea though!
                            Julie

Comment

am having a right old game here! I seem to remember finding a 'relative' with another on one census but can't remember the details, I have been checking Julia's aunts/uncles and they seem just as evasive!.. one lot went over to San Francisco/California so am busy tracking them now!
                              Julie

Comment

afraid I gave up Julie.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                  afraid I gave up Julie.
                                  don't worry Val, I am slowly trying to unravel it, seems that there are many different Harvey families in San Francisco [Harvey family married in to the Beestons]
                                  Julie

Comment

Dragging this back up yet again.... Still not found her.. it's driving my batty!.. [or should that be battier??]
                                    Julie

Comment

are you just trying to find her in 1871?
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                        are you just trying to find her in 1871?
                                        Sorry cbcarolyn yes, I'm 99% sure that I had seen it once upon a time and she was listed as niece .. but I can't find it anywhere..
                                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 10-05-22, 18:19.
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X