Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way round this ......

without buying a marriage cert please.

I have found a death for an uncle by marriage but I can't find a birth. I'm wondering if he was born abroad. The death reference in April-June 1975 gives his name as James Philip Kingsley born 5/9/1904. I have also found him as J P Kingsley going on an assisted passage to Australia aged 24 on 13th September 1929 (he came back again shortly afterwards). However, the marriage reference says James E Kingsley.

I can't find a birth for him or a likely one on 1911 (though I haven't got credits to be sure. As it's only by marriage I don't really want to spend money but I am really nosy :Big Grin:

p.s. He was a director of the GUS group for many years including I'm sure 1953/54 but googling didn't produce anything.

p.p.s. I know that his parents were publicans in 1925/26
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 17-11-09, 15:55.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Just had a thought - is there any way of finding out the licensees of a pub in 1925/26?

Comment

There is a website called deadpubs.co.uk

might take some trawling unless you know the area

mm

Comment

Thanks Mary - I know the actual pub - will go and have a look :smilee:

Oh - it doesn't seem to cover Nottingham - never mind

Comment

you could try the www.historicaldirectories.org

i think it is... :smilee::smilee:
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie - will take a look :smilee:

Comment

have pmd you Chrissie

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                without buying a marriage cert please.

I have found a death for an uncle by marriage but I can't find a birth. I'm wondering if he was born abroad. The death reference in April-June 1975 gives his name as James Philip Kingsley born 5/9/1904. I have also found him as J P Kingsley going on an assisted passage to Australia aged 24 on 13th September 1929 (he came back again shortly afterwards). However, the marriage reference says James E Kingsley.

I can't find a birth for him or a likely one on 1911 (though I haven't got credits to be sure. As it's only by marriage I don't really want to spend money but I am really nosy :Big Grin:

p.s. He was a director of the GUS group for many years including I'm sure 1953/54 but googling didn't produce anything.

p.p.s. I know that his parents were publicans in 1925/26
                I have an idea...

I think its the same one as Val's
                Last edited by Guest; 17-11-09, 20:26.

Comment

LOL Val and Maggie :smilee: - no they were different ones.
                  I'm really confused now. Val's father is a licensed victualler but I can't find any marriage or any of the birth references for them. Maggie's has the right initial James P Kingsley but the father is a butcher and (from his death cert) it would mean that he celebrated a slightly wrong birthday all his life.

I think I may have to send the marriage cert to my aunt where the transcription says James E Kingsley. Though I'm not sure it's going to help much as there are still no birth regs to fit him :Big Grin:

Me and my nosey nose :Big Grin:

Comment

Working...
                  X