Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrys mum
    replied
    There's a Thomas and Bridget in Clifton in 1903. Clifton is good for me as it's fairly close.

Haven't checked any others yet....back soon.

Leave a comment:

• jean
    replied
    Sorry John can I just hijack your thread for a minute please?
    Libby is
    Martyn Street Cemetery
    2-40 Anderson Street
    Manunda, 4870

near you? I'm assuming its near Cairns where my gt grandfather died rather than Brisbane where he lived?

Leave a comment:

• Harrys mum
    replied
    John...........

I'll have a look at the electoral rolls for you. Just let me get my early morning cuppa first...lol

Where were the graves??? I love digging around cemeteries.

Leave a comment:

• John_8251
    replied
    Thank you all for your help on this. It seems Thomas Carroll (b1861) was part of the crew on this ship (could be my guy) so he and his sisters arrived prior to 1888. His bother William (my GG Gfather) arrived in Liverpool around 1877... I am guessing the family split up around then.
    As you say Jean, the Aus info that is available online is really good.... so good I am giddy. Just hope a live one comes up!
    Finding 3 of them in one grave is a double bonus! AND I have the grave number and an ariel picture. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• herky
    replied
    Sorry John - called away and then got involved.
    I will PM you with the details.

Leave a comment:

• jean
    replied
    Oh well done - I do love the australian certs they give you so much information.
    when I got my gt grandfathers death cert, I could find pictures of cemetry and grave number online
    the australian electoral rolls are on world ancestry if someone will look them up for you - they give extra snippets to build the picture.

Leave a comment:

• John_8251
    replied
    Originally posted by herky View Post
    There is a Th Carroll, b c 1861, Waterford in an Australian shipping list.
    Let me look further and I will get beck to you.
    The date of the voyage was 1888/1889
    I have been digging around on the site mention by Jean for records and the tree I mentioned gives the death of Thomas Carroll as 1922. A search of the graves in Queensland shows 2 others buried in the same grave, Mary (1890)and Elizabeth Carroll (1893)....... that ties in perfectly I have them both on my tree but this is all new stuff!!

Just wondering if Mary and Elizabeth are on the same 1888/9 Australian shipping list and any other Carroll's travelling together?

I am having a good day! :smilee: Many thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• John_8251
    replied
    Originally posted by jean View Post
    you can search australian records online - their certificates give lots of information
    Search our historical records : Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Australia - Family Tree Forum
    Jean... I just found the marriage of Thomas Carroll and Bridget Leavy in Queensland in 1896. Great link.... Many thanks! Looks like the public tree info is good. I HAVE to get this marriage cert!

Leave a comment:

• John_8251
    replied
    Originally posted by herky View Post
    That looks very interesting:smilee: look forward to that

Leave a comment:

• jean
    replied
    you can search australian records online - their certificates give lots of information
    Search our historical records : Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Australia - Family Tree Forum

Leave a comment:

• herky
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John_8251
    started a topic Help with Australia please?

Help with Australia please?

I renewed my Ancestry never thinking I would need Worldwide cover and sods law.... I could do with a little help.

Having cracked open my Irish side one of my new found relatives comes up as a great match in an Austalian tree... same name(Thomas Carroll) and parents, place and date of birth etc. I have mailed the tree owner but they have not been on line for over 6 months and I have had no reply after a month.

It seems from the Public Tree that Thomas Carroll B1861 in Bunmahon/Stradbally Co Waterford married Bridget Leavy B1865 in Fyora, Co Longford.... No details of marriage but poss in Australia.

They had at least 6 children. Mary b1896, Ellen b1897, Annie b1899, Thomas b 1902, William b1904, Patrick b1910.

No places of birth given but on the tree living relatives named Carroll are b in Queensland.

Could anyone check the Census in Australia or if possible passenger lists and see if any trace?

Many thanks in advance and any ideas on how to make contact with my Australian link would be appreciated.
Working...
X