jean tate nee cave i think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by June constable View Post
    I dont know much to be fair just the basic information is there any way I can find out who my dad's dad is as on his birth certificate my dad's surname is tate not shaw
    If you have a copy of the full birth certificate his father should be shown - however, if father's name has been left blank it would seem that Jean's husband Eric Tate wasn't the father and your Dad only a Tate because it was his mothers legal surname. If that's the case, knowing she was an ex girlfriend of Winston Shaw would then suggest perhaps he was the father but he'd only have been named on your Dad's birth certificate if both parents had gone to register the birth as they weren't married. If you are looking for written proof and no father is named on his full birth certificate (not the small copy that a lot of people had) then I don't see how how you can get legal proof. However, if the Guardian article referred to on this thread on 22/10/2009 by 'Night Owl' is correct then it would appear Winston Shaw was indeed the father - if so, he was born 11/12/1915, and died 4/5/1955 (by hanging) at Leeds.

Comment

I have been wandering around the newspapers this evening. There are many many about the death of Jean, and about the hanging.

I have just found one where in 1952 Winston was remanded in custody for throwing a bottle at Bertha Taylor who was collecting some things for her sister.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
      X