Family Tree Maker 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker 2010

Is anyone using Family Tree Maker 2010? Can you tell me how to add the date to a persons occupation as there isn't a box to put the date in?:conf:

I usually just put.... Ag Lab 41/Postman 51/ Soldier 61

if it changes over time, or just add it to the notes section.
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

When I used the 2005 version you could have a different line for each occupation and a date for each one.

Comment

hi just to say I have totaly given up on the latest version as is doesn't do it for me at all, I was so dissapointed with it and now thankfully I have gone back to my trusty old friend the FTM 2005.
        Soooooooooooooooo much better for me
        So give it some thought
        Tony

Comment

Just shows how much I know about it!!

I've just noticed you can add as many lines of occupation as you want, & set one as the preferred.

I've just updated from FTM 2009 & I love it....much better than the program I was using before FTM.
          ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Got this reply to my question about putting the date with the occupation in FTM 2010 from Ancestry and My History

If you go onto the person ‘tab’ view and select ‘+’ to add an occupation and then click on the options button just above the occupation field you will be able to select the option ‘Fact Properties’.

Here you will be able to select what extra fields are to be displayed. Once you have made the selection the extra fields will be shown in the right hand panel.

If you then return to the Family ‘tab’ view you will notice that the extra fields will show up on this page as well.
            It works!

I updated from 2005 to 2010 and I am wondering if it was all worth it but will keep going for a while longer and give it a chance.

Comment

Working...
            X