No announcement yet.

John Morris Kennedy and Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell me where to look for Richard and will have another go?
    Di

Comment

Hi Di - I look at Free BMD - FreeBMD - Search
      Also, I try and match up info to what a census says as often ages etc are incorrect on the census info. You can also do phonetic searches - put in a surname and just an initial - find a marriage by first names etc etc With a popular surname or names, it's best to limit the years as the system can't take it - so if you had say a John marrying Susan, you'd definately need to limit the search quarter/years.
      For Richard Lane - I clicked to births - and then looked at where they were registered.
      In this case, they start at 1838.

Comment

Hi Di - How did you get on?

Comment

Poor Richard has had to take a back seat to the other side of the family!
          D

Comment

Please can anybody spot what happened to Flora mary Kennedy born Islington 1892. Can find the deaths of two of her siblings and my grandfather John was the fourth.
            Di

Comment

A Flora Marion KENNEDY m James Fraser BROWN in 1918q4 in a civil marriage in Birkenhead, but I don't think the names are sufficiently unusual for you to claim that outright.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks, but definitely baptised Flora Mary!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiD View Post
                  Thanks, but definitely baptised Flora Mary!

Di
                  My grandmother was registered as Alice, but was Roma Alice by the time of her death.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X