Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At last - Ancestry LMA records worth using!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWINKLESTAR View Post
    Thanks so much for adding have had real fun today found some of my family
    when looking through i found a really sad one

London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 > Haringey > Saint Mary, Hornsey > 1736-1812 > 101

it reads

a poor man from the lodging house name not known poor

It really made me sit and think how sad

Tracy x
    know what you mean I found a young one of mine in a workhouse for years today very sad.

Comment

Wow! I've been waiting for this!

I trekked in to LMA to get the Har(r)ison COCK marriages, but they were very dim and scratchy. These are beautiful. I've just saved copies all over again! If anyone has the time, I'd love to know if anyone thinks that Sarah CASTLE signed as witness as well as bride the first time that she and Harison got married (by Licence) in Nov 1811. That might explain why they got married again, by banns, in Sep 1812.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

it looks like different writing to me

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          it looks like different writing to me
          Then I'll have to think of another reason why they got married twice in the same church!

Incidentally - while the images are beautifully clear where they exist, the quality control on the completeness was less than good. I've already reported several images which are chopped off short.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'm being asked to pay to view this with my Ozzie membership. Anyone else with Ozzie membership having the same problem?

Comment

Yep John, I'm having the same problem, but at least I can go to the local library and check them out there. I imagine it's not so easy for you...
              Jenny

Comment

All I can say is Jenny. So far I've had no problem accessing UK stuff with my Ozzie membership.

Comment

The LMA records are only available on the Premium membership.

Comment

I've just gone to check my package and I'm on the 'Annual UK Heritage Package'. When comparing membership options now I notice there seems to be a new 'Annual UK Heritage Plus Package' which includes the London stuff. What a ..... :F!

Comment

Have had an excellent time fossicking around the records I have found some fairly large disparity on the information contained in the links for Greenwich St Alfege i.e the dates 1893 - 1903 is showing baptisms for 1723 - c1783! :conf:
                      Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

I've found loads of stuff, and saved a fortune in certs as well;) I even think I may have tumbled a brick wall as well, but I'm going to get my thoughts in order and put that on a separate thread to see what others think. That will be later this evening.

Does anybody know if there are more records to come? Looking for burials, I've found mine are a bit thin on the ground, even though I know when and where rellies died. It's still a brilliant resource though.
                        Pauline
                        xx
                        OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
                        www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Comment

This is a fantastic new resource - but I would urge you double check. The church listed in the index isn't always the church on the image!
                          ~ with love from Little Nell~
                          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                            This is a fantastic new resource - but I would urge you double check. The church listed in the index isn't always the church on the image!
                            Yes, Nell - I have also found that.

I have also found a baptism given as 1873 when the record clearly says 1837!

And isn't it odd how many people are marrying the year they were born!:Big Grin:

Nevertheless, I have just oodles of stuff. My daughter couldn't sleep last night so got up at 2 am and found all sorts too. She phoned me at breakfast very excited. :smilee:
                            Elizabeth
                            Research Interests:
                            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I would never have found my ggg grandparents marriage without this new resource, they married in Marylebone then moved to Shoreditch then Stepney. Their first child was born in Shoreditch but they went back to the church they married in to have him baptized.

Comment

I have the Australian package and am having no problems viewing them John

Comment

Working...
                                X