Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At last - Ancestry LMA records worth using!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they searchable by name or do you have to browse?
    Lynn

Comment

Lynn, the first link that Sue put up is searchable.

With the second link, you have to select a parish and then browse, but the dates are split up into chunks quite conveniently. Still hard work, though!
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I have downloaded the advanced viewer but still can't see the image I want

Margaret

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth
          Lynn

Comment

I cannot get any images either - even after following the instructions. I have just had my computer upgraded so surely I shouldn't have any problems!!

Very frustrating!
            Lal x

Mirror,Mirror, on the wall......I am my mother after all!!

Comment

Great thanks for that info Sue, they are brilliant & in full detail......Sadly every one I've looked up so far has only half the page! And the half I need to see is missing! What a shame after all the hours spent preparing it.... :-(
              Olga

Comment

If you have what appears to be a blank page, click your mouse on it and drag downward - the entries are often a lot further down the page.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Can I just put in a plug for the Places of Worship for London & Middx for your newly found marriages?

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...don_(Middlesex)

If you don't find what you need let me know and I may be able to take a picture on my next trip to the capital. More photos (interior shots too for the talk pages) always welcome.

Comment

I'm in genealogical heaven! I renewed my Ancestry sub last year on the promise of these records becoming available and have been getting more and more cross with each day that they didn't appear! Am I the only cynic that wonders at the coincidence of this long promised database appearing a few weeks before FMP include 1911 in their subs?
                    Off to pore over some more records......
                    Sue

Comment

I have not had any problems at all viewing images, whereas my daughter has, and I know a few people on here have.

It might be worth a complaint or a comment, as I think the images are available. How much it is to do with Ancestry themselves or individual computers I don't know!
                      Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 15-09-09, 17:58.
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Cracked it! Downloaded the advanced viewer... & used the grab & drag m.o. Thanks for the info!! :-)
                        Olga

Comment

cant download the advance on my mac using safari
                          back to upstarirs pc when son finally goes to college tommrow
                          wye surrey/london/birmingham
                          lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
                          hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
                          ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
                          herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
                          armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Do you need the advance viewer as I can only see even page numbers not odd and guess what pages hubbys ancestors are on?........ GRRRRR

Fantastic resource tho and the images are a clear scan!

Comment

Im in heaven........... Im in heaven............*sings* la la la

Comment

I can view them but it's taking literally 10 mins or more to view each one!:(
                                Clare

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
                                  Im in heaven........... Im in heaven............*sings* la la la
                                  :smilee: so am I...

Had to download enhanced viewer though...

Comment

Thanks so much for adding have had real fun today found some of my family
                                    when looking through i found a really sad one

London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 > Haringey > Saint Mary, Hornsey > 1736-1812 > 101

it reads

a poor man from the lodging house name not known poor

It really made me sit and think how sad

Tracy x
                                    Twinklestar

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                                      :smilee: so am I...

Had to download enhanced viewer though...
                                      How do you spell your collyers? I have one marrying a possible Copcutt of my hubby ......:tong::Big Grin:

Or it might be another connection to Mrs Houslander......

Comment

I have just found an elusive marriage for OH's ancestor WILLIAM LAMB to MARY MALLATRATT at Saint Alfege's Greenwich on 15th April 1784.

I am over the moon. William lived in Huntingdon and they lived their after their marriage. I would have never found it otherwise. :smilee::smilee::smilee:
                                        Elizabeth
                                        Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
                                          How do you spell your collyers? I have one marrying a possible Copcutt of my hubby ......:tong::Big Grin:

Or it might be another connection to Mrs Houslander......
                                          Just like that Collyer most from West Ham and Essex!

Comment

Working...
                                          X