Wilmington & Heathfield Sussex Parish Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Joan

I'm looking for any B.M.D records for the surname: Gibbs from around Wilmington, Sussex (early parish records).

All the best

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Mordle; 26-01-12, 14:13.

Comment

Hi Ken,
      Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately Joan doesn't visit our forum that often but if you want to make contact with her you will find her as one of the admin team on Genealogists Forum.

However, do have a look through our Surname Directory and the GEDCOM database to see if anyone else is researching these names, and if you have any specific questions then feel free to post a query of your own and we will see what we can do to help.
      Elaine

Comment

Hello Elaine

Thanks for your advice, Not had much luck in Surname Directory or Gedcom database so now registered with Genealogist Forum.

Thanks

Comment

There's the Sussex Family History Group that has an increasing online database for members.

FamilySearch is adding new stuff their databases almost daily.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Am interested in tracing a family of OSMON - but variously spelt OSMAN, OSMER, HOSMAN, HOSMER, OSBORNE etc. In particular, a Lilly OSMON who was a MALE in spite of the name, born around 1822 - possible parents Edward & Elizabeth. Also children of Lilly & Ruth WOOD from 1843 - 1869. Any help would be appreciated. Barry Woods,

email address removed
            Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 14-07-12, 16:35. Reason: email address removed

Comment

Hi Barry
              Details of marriage from familysearch, just in case you haven't got it.
              Marriage 24th Sep 1842 at Heathfield Sussex.
              Lilly Hosmer & Ruth Wood. His father Edward Hosmer, her father William Wood.

From FreeBMD. His surname has been transcribed as Horner.

Moggie

Comment

Welcome to the forum Barry. Sorry have removed your email address as we don't allow these on the open forum. If you "subscribe" to this thread you will get an email notification if anyone adds a comment.
                To subscribe, click on the Thread Tools drop down listing just above post #1.
                Elaine

Comment

Many thanks for such a rapid response!!! I did have her father as William but didnt have the proof I needed. Thanks again.
                  Does someone have access to the Heathfield registers and willing to do look-ups??

Comment

Hi Barry
                    I think the Heathfield baptisms & marriages are on familysearch, although I don't know what dates are covered. This search should bring up 20 records.

https://familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Ahosmer~%20%2Bbat ch_number%3AI04778-7

& this one 11 results
                    https://familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Aosman~%20%2Bbatc h_number%3AI04778-7

If the links don't work put I04778-7 in the batch number search box using the names Osman & Hosmer.
                    Burials for Heathfield are in the NBI up to 1899.

Moggie

Comment

Working...
                    X