Durham/Northumberland/Cheshire parish images on Family Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light/Vicky,

thanks, I've posted new thread with both links....I can't use either of them. I've registered with LDS, re-loaded flash player....can't think of anything else.
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

This is going to be a stupid question, but on the screen that shows all the collections available, the left hand side is headed "Search an Indexed Collection" (the side with Cheshire parish records on it) and the right hand side is headed "Browse Images in a Collection" (the side with Durham on).

Does that mean that the Cheshire records are fully indexed and you can't browse them?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi

I take it to mean the list on the left have all been indexed and that Index is searchable.

The list on the right haven't been indexed, so have to be browsed.

There are only two that are in both columns, so you could do either.

Looks like the Cheshire records have to be searched via the Index and can't be browsed.

Regards

Helen K

Comment

Joy oh Joy!!
          Those lovely Canadians put father & mothers name on a death cert.
          Just solved a 2 year old brick wall :D
          ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I've been searching the IGI for cheshire and forgot I could use the new site.
            Kit

Comment

Working...
            X