Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo offer

Hi

im not at work for most of this month, so if you want photos of something from Southampton or the surrounding areas just give me a shout

Robyne
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Thats a very nice offer
    you dont fancy popping over to Ireland do you ??????? LOL

Comment

id love too! wouldnt mind finding one of mine too while i was there!!:D
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

I'd pay half towards your fare LOL

Comment

That's kind. My connection with Soton, in photographable terms, is underneath a carpark, I think!
          P Walker very kindly took some photos for me a year or so back. My G-g-parents ran the Edinburgh Hotel in St Mary's Road - having taken over from Gg-father's elder brother and his wife.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry its taken so long christine, will be going on Firday for you
            Robyne

Comment

Originally posted by Lensgirl View Post
              Sorry its taken so long christine, will be going on Firday for you
              If you mean me, Robyne, I think you may find you're wasting your time. I think the Edinburgh Hotel was demolished - either voluntarily to clear space for road realignments and carparks, etc, or involuntarily during WW2. I haven't established any more landmarks I could look for, yet.

But I hope you enjoy your visit to Soton, anyway.

Sometime I must get down there, myself, to go to the Uni Library, where they have some records which are likely to be of interest to my niece and her tree (that I've been working on). Unfortunately, my next visit (at Easter) will certainly coincide with a time when it's shut!

Christine

PS - I'm happy to be proved wrong, of course!
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X