Radstock Parish Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radstock Parish Register

I was looking at the Somerset Connection on roots and came across this....

"In 1803 Robert is recorded in the Radstock Parish Register as a 39 year old, married householder,living with 6 women,4 male children and 2 female children"

My question is

Can I get hold of this register and why would he be in it?

Yes I'm back looking at my Penny's again, you never know when new info will turn up
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

It seems that Radstock Parish did some sort of census in 1803 which would explain why he was in the parish records.

I have found this site....

Babington Registers

Sadly its only the births, marriages and deaths that have been transcribed.

I found another site
    Somerset, England - Hyde Park Family History Centre

You probably know of both of these.

Anyway the second website has a catalogue page and it mentions the 1803 census in the descriptions for the microfilms.
    With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Thanks Shaz, have made a note of both those sites

Comment

Hi Chrissy, I was thinking of getting my butt into gear again this week & going down to the RO. If I do manage to give myself a kick I'll ask for you, I've made a note of it.
        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Thanks Viv that would be great if you could, but don't go just for me,wait until the weather gets better, and I am going away a week tomorrow and not back until the 19th so there is really no rush

Comment

I admit the weather has been a factor, I've been hibernating! :D

I'll see how it goes though, if we get some good days I'll venture down. :D

Comment

Don't blame you thats why we are going away really need some sun :D

Comment

Vivienne thanks for those sites. My Heal/e, Gay, Shearn, Besley and Carpenter families are from the Radstock area.
                Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
                  Vivienne thanks for those sites. My Heal/e, Gay, Shearn, Besley and Carpenter families are from the Radstock area.
                  :D :D Thankyou Daphne but my names not Vivienne :D :D

Comment

Ooops, never been mistaken for you before Shaz! lol:D

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Confused View Post
                      "In 1803 Robert is recorded in the Radstock Parish Register as a 39 year old, married householder,living with 6 women
                      Blimey.....I hope he wasn't into polygamy!!! lol

Comment

Whoops Shaz,:o that'll teach me not to look on here when I'm watching a grandchild and making tea all at the same time:o Still, they say a change is as good as a rest, hope the change did you some good:D:D
                        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
                          Ooops, never been mistaken for you before Shaz! lol:D
                          Or I you Vivienne :D
                          Mind you its a lot nicer than Sharon so maybe I'll become a Viv instead of a Shaz... lol

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
                          Whoops Shaz,:o that'll teach me not to look on here when I'm watching a grandchild and making tea all at the same time Still, they say a change is as good as a rest, hope the change did you some good

Lol.. I know the feeling Daphne.... now there is a name..... when I was a wee girl, reading 'The Broons', for years I thought that one of the daughters was called Dafeen Of course I eventually realised that she was Dafenee ...lol
                          One day OH and I were talking about reading as children and we spoke about 'Oor Wullie & The Broons' and he said "Don't laugh but for years I thought she was called Dafeen :D

The Broons and Oor Wullie Home Page a wee link to explain who on earth I am on about...lol

Comment

Don't ask me about Pennyloap....
                            To boldly go where no genealogist has gone before....

Comment

Shaz, what memories, I loved reading The Broons and Oor Wullie. The annual's came out alternate years but they were in The Sunday Post each week.
                              I was convinced I was named after Daphne in The Broons:D but my mum said I was named after the bush down the garden:o
                              Daphne

Comment

Do you know that they have gone all PC now Daphne?

They aren't the same as they were sadly. You'll no see Wullie walking doon the street wi an auld bike, meant for the tip, selling bits a bobs of it to total strangers and ending up on his bucket wi a pile of comics an a big bag o bulls eyes anymore :D

Poor you named after a bush.... lol..... I'll continue to think of you as Dafeen

Comment

Originally posted by BigShaz McCreadie View Post
                                  Do you know that they have gone all PC now Daphne?

They aren't the same as they were sadly. You'll no see Wullie walking doon the street wi an auld bike, meant for the tip, selling bits a bobs of it to total strangers and ending up on his bucket wi a pile of comics an a big bag o bulls eyes anymore :D

Poor you named after a bush.... lol..... I'll continue to think of you as Dafeen

Ooo no Shaz the Daphne is the most beautifully fragranced bush with small dainty flowers! :D

Comment

One of my treasured childhood memories is of my mum reading "Oor Wullie" to us in a broad Scottish accent.

My mum was Scottish but before she married my English father, he sent her to elocution lessons.............she spoke with a perfect English accent most of the time, but when he was out, we used to beg her to "speak Scottish" which she sometimes did, then would say "Don't tell your father".

I asked her once, why she had agreed to have elocution lessons and not told him to get on his bike instead, and she said "Because I was 16 and stupid".

One word she never got her tongue round was "cushion" - she just couldn't say it with an english accent and always said "coo-shun", lol.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Confused View Post
                                      I was looking at the Somerset Connection on roots and came across this....

"In 1803 Robert is recorded in the Radstock Parish Register as a 39 year old, married householder,living with 6 women,4 male children and 2 female children"

My question is

Can I get hold of this register and why would he be in it?

Yes I'm back looking at my Penny's again, you never know when new info will turn up

Hi Chrissy, I copied the entry for you, will post tomorrow.

It's a list of parishioners & it's actually 4 women, not 6 & I think his age looks more like 54.
                                      I also found a baptism in 1804, May 8th William s of Robert & Ann Penny.

Comment

Ooo no Shaz the Daphne is the most beautifully fragranced bush with small dainty flowers!
                                        That's me, beautiful, small and dainty. Fragranced too when I get the perfume bottle out :D
                                        Daphne

Comment

Working...
                                        X