GRO - Can't Order Cert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO - Can't Order Cert.

Morning - after getting help yesterday looking Louisa Marsh in 1861 - I got up to order Marriage Cert for my Gt. Grandparents to try to find Louisa Marsh's parents given names - have ordered before, all going well until I got credit card out - it is saying worldpay not working - gives several options - have tried again but still not happening - does anyone know anything??

Order Certificates: Obtain certificates - How to apply and pay

Gill

It tells you alternative ways to apply on this page. Think there were problems earlier on in the week.

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree

Comment

thanks - off to shops now so will try later -and thanks for link maybe I'll try another method.

Comment

I think WorldPay are having problems at the moment. I ordered some certs last week and they took my payment off credit card twice. Not very happy.

Comment

Hi Sue - thanks for comment - think I'll ring on Monday then and do over phone rather than chance getting charged twice! Sorry for not replying sooner - son scanning and cataloging photos had to wait until he went out
          to get back on own PC!!!

Comment

GRO "Customer Service Announcement - 5 February 2008"

I just spotted this on their site:
            The General Register Office (GRO) is aware that some customers have been debited twice for online certificate orders placed between 19 - 25 January using our payment service provider, WorldPay.

WorldPay has confirmed that a system error occurred which affected a number of their merchants and that a full refund will be issued to customer accounts via their issuing bank.

WorldPay have issued the following statement:

"Apologies if you have been Debited in Error:

Due to a technical issue with the WorldPay payment service, a number of payments processed for the Office for National Statistics have been debited more than once, in error.

WorldPay apologises for the inconvenience this has caused and is in the process of refunding the affected cardholder's accounts as quickly as possible. Such refunds are made through the banking network and cardholders should expect to see the refunds arrive in their accounts over the next 3/10 working days (the time varies for different banks). Any charges incurred as a direct result of this issue will be reimbursed."

GRO apologises on behalf of WorldPay for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any enquiries please email us at payment.enquiries@ons.gov.uk alternatively you may wish to ring the GRO payment enquiry helpline on 0151 471 4567 Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm. This number should only be used if you have been affected by a duplicate payment issue.

For certificate ordering enquiries please contact the Certificate Services Call Centre on 0845 603 7788.
            Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I ordered certs on Wed and yesterday and everything seemed fine. also worldpay for me is usually very slow but now its just zipping along.

]

Comment

I have now got my money back, so happy once again.

Comment

Working...
                X