Quick Question on BMD surname searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question on BMD surname searches

I probably should know but this is the first time I've had the misfortune to come across this.

A relative of mine, Muriel, married in the 1Q of 1916 and was a widow in August 1918 leaving her with a 1 yr old daughter. Now according to my father's hand written tree she remarried but bless him - all he wrote was the chap's christian name and no date - (a small improvement on 3 children in Zululand though).

When I search for her remarriage do I look under her maiden name Cozens/Cosens or her widowed named Foxon?

Many thanks
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Search using her widowed name.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I didn't want to go spending hours looking in the wrong place - it is a tedious task at the best of time!
      Bo

Comment

Was the groom's name Stanley?

Comment

Hi Merry

I'll have to check when I get home - but that does vaguely ring a bell.
          Bo

Comment

Hi Merry

Yes it's Stanley and it appears that there was a son Malcolm who died in 1942(but no date of birth!)
            Bo

Comment

The marriage (under Foxon) and the birth of Malcolm are both on FreeBMD. I saw them earlier........I've forgotten the dates now.....1924 for the marriage and 1926 or 1928 for the birth - from memory.

The mmn was Cozens for the birth reg.

Comment

That's brilliant Merry - thanks so much - off to have a search.
                Bo

Comment

Working...
                X