2 births ...help needed please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
    good morning ...I am trying to help my cousins daughter and her husband who live in America...trying to find her grandparents birth dates on her fathers side....(her mum is an Oakes from Garston)...BTW this couple joined FTF on Thursday,so if you see burletonb could you please welcome them..cheers
    the marriage is in the Mar Qtr 1922 in Eastbourne...
    Robin G Burleton marries Winifred E J Morley...

the marriage and their 4 children are on freebmd...but I have been on freebmd and cannot find the birth of Robin G Burleton...
    there are 2/3 possibles for Winifred E J Morley..but not actually down as EJ ...any advice or ideas please....allan
    Sorry I'm late to the party here I know, while searching Google I came across this thread, I feel like I can help as these are my great x 3 grandparents.
    I'm fortunate enough to have my grandad with me, who can help if i can't.
    ​​​​My great nan is Robin and Winifreds daughter.
    Funny enough yesterday I collected some photo of my grandads family and there are lots from the burleton side, dating back to the late 1800s.
    ​​​​​
    Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Ka7en8 View Post

Sorry I'm late to the party here I know, while searching Google I came across this thread, I feel like I can help as these are my great x 3 grandparents.
      I'm fortunate enough to have my grandad with me, who can help if i can't.
      ​​​​My great nan is Robin and Winifreds daughter.
      Funny enough yesterday I collected some photo of my grandads family and there are lots from the burleton side, dating back to the late 1800s.
      ​​​​​
      Karen
      Hiya Karen

I've emailed Allen to let him know you have posted, hopefully he will see it soon.

Welcome to the forum....look forward to see you posting

Jacky
      Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post

Hiya Karen

I've emailed Allen to let him know you have posted, hopefully he will see it soon.

Welcome to the forum....look forward to see you posting

Jacky
        Thank you so much Jacky I really appreciate that.
        An I'm sure I'll be posting lots in the coming weeks.

Karen

Comment

Welcome Karen
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            Welcome Karen
            Thanks )

Comment

Good Morning Karen - what great news - I am sure that Colin Burleton and his sister Barbara ( now Brown since she married ) will be thrilled to get in touch - or - if you want to contact them first as a surprise ?? - let me know which road you want to taken please ...Colin is in Canada and Barbara is in USA ...Colins mum - born Ruth Oakes - is my dads cousin( I am an Oakes ) - it is a romantic story - Ruth left Garston ,Liverpool to go to London - to train as a nurse - when she qualified she took a job in ALASKA - to get to Alaska from the nearest major airport - they used to use a little 6 seater plane - ANTHONY BURLETON b 1925 was the pilot - and they fell in love xxxx...Jacky - THANKS VERY MUCH for the e mail - I am sure Colin and Barbara will be delighted with the contact of Karen ....Karen - do you live in England ??....cheers ...Allan
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Good Morning Karen - what great news - I am sure that Colin Burleton and his sister Barbara ( now Brown since she married ) will be thrilled to get in touch - or - if you want to contact them first as a surprise ?? - let me know which road you want to taken please ...Colin is in Canada and Barbara is in USA ...Colins mum - born Ruth Oakes - is my dads cousin( I am an Oakes ) - it is a romantic story - Ruth left Garston ,Liverpool to go to London - to train as a nurse - when she qualified she took a job in ALASKA - to get to Alaska from the nearest major airport - they used to use a little 6 seater plane - ANTHONY BURLETON b 1925 was the pilot - and they fell in love xxxx...Jacky - THANKS VERY MUCH for the e mail - I am sure Colin and Barbara will be delighted with the contact of Karen ....Karen - do you live in England ??....cheers ...Allan
                Firstly thank you Jacky for emailing Allan.

Hello allan, it's lovely to get a reply I did wonder if I would after seeing how old the post is, I do live in the UK, I'm originally from Liverpool and now live in West Yorkshire.
                I don't mind how we contact them, if you want me to contact them can you message me their email address.
                Im super excited, I have so many photos id love to share.

While I'm here too, I seen you where looking for information on the watkins family.
                One of Robin and Winifreds children married a watkins.. Not sure if you know that.

I thought it was a funny coincidence
                ​​

Comment

You're Welcome, Karen.....it's nice to see a good result and yes, I too was born and bred in Liverpool, just lately moved to North Wales.

Hope the Watkins family tie in too....Good Luck!
                  Jacky

Comment

Allan I have contacted both Barb and Colin on Facebook, can you get them to check their others box.

Karen

Comment

OK Karen - I will message them both and their mum to make sure xxxx
                      ADDED - Contacted them to open your FB Message xxxxxxxxx
                      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

OK Karen - I will message them both and their mum to make sure xxxx
                        ADDED - Contacted them to open your FB Message xxxxxxxxx
                        Thank you Allan

Comment

Let me know if you get the contact.........Good Luck
                          Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                            Let me know if you get the contact.........Good Luck
                            I will do )

Comment

Colin and Barbara have both messaged me to say they have seen Karens message on Facebook - we will have to wait now and see if they all connect and swap info - waits patiently .....lol

Comment

Colin and Barbara have both messaged me to say they have seen Karens message on Facebook - we will have to wait now and see if they all connect and swap info - waits patiently .....lol
                                Morning Allan,
                                Unfortunately I don't think we are related.
                                Their grandparents are not Robin and Winifred... However Barbara has very kindly shared her dad's research on the burletons and had documented everyone going back to the 1500s.

I feel very lucky that Barbara has shared this information with me..
                                ​​What's crazy is, her Dad Anthony and Anthony from my tree (who where born the same year and both went to Alaska) have actually spoke, and all this is documented I'm Barbara's fathers notes.

The detail hes gone into is amazing.. I can't wait to read more pages today.
                                ​​

Comment

what a shame - I presumed - like you - it was the same man - but at least you have connected - there maybe a family link further back xxxxxx

Comment

what a shame - I presumed - like you - it was the same man - but at least you have connected - there maybe a family link further back xxxxxx
                                    Thank you and no doubt there will be as there's not many of them

Comment

Working...
                                    X