cottingham's of Mayfield east sussex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cottingham's of Mayfield east sussex

Anybody with information regarding the Cottingham families of Mayfield please from 1700-1901 or any other times.Thank you

Hello Brian and welcome to the site.

I think it would useful if you could tell us what you have found so far and what sort of thing are you looking for.
    For example have you found your families on the 1841 - 1901 censuses, have you found BMD details, have you searched parish records.

We are a helpful bunch on Family Tree Forum and I am sure someone will come up with some new ideas if you have a particular brick wall you are trying to knock down.
    Elaine

Comment

Have you tried the IGI - Cottinghams in Mayfield back to 1820's

Michael Cottingham

Christening: 19 MAY 1822 Mayfield, Sussex, England

Parents:
      Father: John Cottingham
      Mother: Susan

is he yours? in which case he had what looks like 4 sisters. Sarah Ann, Anne, Eleanor & Mary Ann
      Last edited by Jessbowbag; 22-01-08, 13:41.
      Jess

Comment

Try here The history, genealogy and topography of the Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
        Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Comment

There are about 27 of them in the 1851 Census of which I have a printed index.

I don't have the time at present to extract them, but if you let me know the names of the family you are seeking I will have a look.
          Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

I guess I am really looking for someone with the same family interest or better still some long lost relative(s) from that era or area.As I don't live in Sussex I need to talk to somebody who can co-ordinate what I already know and take it forward from their.

Comment

Brian, there are three Public trees on Ancestry that have Cottinghams born in Mayfield - have you contacted the submitters of those?

There are also quite a few on Genes Reunited.
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 07-11-08, 11:58.
              Elaine

Comment

Brian, welcome to FTF. From my past experience, it's best to start with a query about a specific person that you can identify by children, marriage or siblings. You'll be surprised how much extra information emerges as the search goes on.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Let us know what you have so far and we can see what we can do.

Comment

Let us know what you have so far and we can see what we can find.

I do have a George Cottington who married into my family in 1854 in Rotherfield which is right next door to Mayfield.

Comment

Working...
                    X