Thomasina Buckley 1891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomasina Buckley 1891

Thomasina Nabb was born c1859 and appears on 1861 census with her mother Mary (nee Linney) grandmother and siblings + her mother's siblings in Salford.
    In 1871 she is with her mother and siblings at 2 Victoria Court, Salford.
    I cannot find a birth record for her but have found a marriage to Adam Buckley, Jun Qtr 1880 in Salford.
    There is no sign of Thomasina in 1881 or her and Adam in 1891 or 1901.
    According to her sister's marriage cert in 1877, their father was Joseph Nabb (deceased) but I cannot find him in any census although his wife is shown as married in 1861, 1871 and 1881.
    Can anyone please help me to find them.
    Thanks in advance.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Lancashire Births Marriages & Deaths
    has the marriage record - at St Stephen's, Salford.

I haven't spotted anything else obviously-useful there yet.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

On the other hand - her baptism is on the IGI - had you seen?
      11 MAR 1860 Cathedral, Manchester [C073545]

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

1891 census
        RG12; Piece: 3225; Folio 33; Page 3
        - Ancestry.co.uk
        Elaine

Comment

RG13; Piece: 3734; Folio: 161; Page: 8.
          - Ancestry.co.uk
          Elaine

Comment

There are a couple of other NABB children, with Joseph & Mary as parents:
            MARGARET HANNAH NABB
            THOMAS NABB
            both 20 DEC 1857 Cathedral, Manchester

noting that Thomasina doesn't have her father named - so Joseph was dead (or had left) by then?

Christine

Comment

Hi Christine
              Yes, I had the marriage from Lancs BMD, but No, I hadn't looked on the IGI, thanks for that.

Elaine
              Once again, you have come up trumps for me, thank you so much.
              Although I still have apuzzle as I have not found Joseph Nabb's death. But is looks like Henry Woodward is the father of some of Thomasina's siblings. Back to the drawing board I think. Thanks again.
              Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                Thomasina Nabb was born c1859 and appears on 1861 census with her mother Mary (nee Linney) grandmother and siblings + her mother's siblings in Salford.
                Can´t see the 1861 census - do you have the reference?
                Elaine

Comment

Hi Christine
                  Yes, I had the marriage from Lancs BMD, but No, I hadn't looked on the IGI, thanks for that.

Elaine
                  Although I still have apuzzle as I have not found Joseph Nabb's death. But is looks like Henry Woodward is the father of some of Thomasina's sisblings. Back to the drawing board I think. Thanks again.
                  Lynne

Comment

Ignore my last post - have found it now!
                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks for 1901 Elaine, I was a bit slow with my reply.

Christine
                      Yes, Margaret Hannah is the one whose marriage cert I have and her father Joseph is deceased. He is not with the family on any census so maybe her parents never married?
                      Lynne

Comment

Elaine
                        I'm glad you founf it cos I'm no good with references. Just had a look at the saved page and got RG9. 2912.
                        Lynne

Comment

Possible marriage registration
                          Dec 1851
                          Linney Mary
                          Nabb Joseph
                          Salford 20 922
                          Elaine

Comment

I don't know why my post came up twice, I will delete one!
                            Lynne

Comment

Possibly Joseph in 1851
                              - Ancestry.co.uk
                              Elaine

Comment

Thomas may have been born 1853 - looking on LancsBMD. When Mary Hannah (presumably the one b 1857, per LancsBMD) was brought for baptism, maybe the clergyman checked up and found that Thomas hadn't been baptised.

I notice there are some other potential children of the pair:
                                Joseph 1855, also Salford Greengate
                                There's a death of a Joseph NABB in Salford 1856q1 (GRO) - which might explain why he doesn't show up in the baptism list at the cathedral.

Christine

Comment

Found this death -but also a birth - maybe a child

Births Mar 1855
                                  Nabb Joseph
                                  Salford 8d 69

Deaths Mar 1856
                                  Nabb Joseph
                                  Salford 8d 22
                                  Elaine

Comment

There's something similar for a Charles NABB b 1854 d 1855q4 - I keyed it all in it once and then didn't save it! duhh

Christine
                                    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 14-04-09, 21:02.

Comment

I just found that Joseph death and assumed it was the father but maybe it is a son as no Joseph appears in 1861.
                                      Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                                        Hi Christine

Elaine
                                        Although I still have a puzzle as I have not found Joseph Nabb's death. But is looks like Henry Woodward is the father of some of Thomasina's siblings. Back to the drawing board I think. Thanks again.
                                        I see there's a Henry Woodward NABB on LancsBMD b 1865; and a Jane Woodman (wonder if that's a typo - old or new) NABB 1867, and Charles Woodward NABB 1869. I can see why you might think Mr Woodward had an interest here!

Since divorce was so very difficult and expensive, perhaps they just split up.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                                        X