Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone find these please??

Trying to unpick my KIRBY family from Great Burstead/Billericay in Essex

In 1851 I have my Kirby family, Samuel and wife Ann with children including Azariah age 4
    Class: HO107; Piece: 1774; Folio: 300; Page: 28; GSU roll: 207421.

In 1861 :Kirby family I have a Lionel age 15 but no Azariah
    Class: RG9; Piece: 1076; Folio: 13; Page: 19; GSU roll: 542748.

In 1871 mistranscribed as Kurby I have my Kirby family with Lionell age 25 but no Azariah
    Class: RG10; Piece: 1667; Folio: 107; Page: 12; GSU roll: 829956.

I can find no trace in BMD for either Lionel or Azariah.
    Where was Lionel in 1851, where did Azariah go after 1851?? Is it possible that Azariah and Lionel are one and the same????
    Any ideas please??
    Jenny

There is a birth registration for a Linn Kirby in 1847 1st quarter, Billericay, 12, 7

Not sure if it's relevant!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, have looked at the original and I'd say it was Linn. That's the nearest to Lionel so far though!!
      Jenny

Comment

Azariah (or likely mistranscription) should be easy to find, but I'm flummoxed. No apparent birth, marriage or death registration.

Maybe parents weren't married at time of his birth and he was registered as Male under mother's surname? Perhaps they didn't bother - can you find birth registrations for siblings?

Can only suggest looking at Gt B. baptism register in the hope it might shed some light.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks for looking Little Nell, at least I know it's not just me that couldn't find him!!! There are two sisters born after 1837 and I can't find the births for them either . Will check out where the Essex R.O is and plan a visit!
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X