No announcement yet.

Stranger owns my family's medals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I've been looking now for several years for a "lost" WW1 medal. On ebay they seem much more valuable with "paperwork" and some have gone for silly prices when some just go for pounds. I'd ask whether the collector would be willing to sell and as old Crones says ask if he would give first refusal if he sells. Any information you want to give will make them have more "value".
    Teresa
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-04-09, 11:43.

Comment

Thanks for that OC. I will ask about first refusal and be candid about my reluctance to provide information which may result in my not being able to buy them back!
      I used to stay with her as a child and she lived to over a 100. I suspect they were sold by mistake when she had an auction before going into a Care Home. Or possibly given to an unprincipled vicar that used to gratefully "accept" presents whenever he visited!!

Comment

How does one prevent this appearing on Google Caroline? I don't suppose it really matters though ???

Comment

Unfortunately having posted something on the open area of the site, which includes the Research Qs & As forum, then it will have already been picked up by the google spiders and may show up in a google search.

If there is anything of a really sensitive nature then we can move threads to the Adoption/Reunion Forum or the General Discussion forum in the Community boards which does not get picked up by the spiders.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X