Sussex wills now online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sussex wills now online

Ancestry now has East and West Sussex wills including probate inventories and other relevant documents

West Sussex marriage licences are also included in this collection but be warned if you save one to your tree it shows as a probate!

Comment

you've sent me down the rabbit hole this afternoon! haha been delving into this collection, along with the hampshire records i see are now up! been finding some interesting surnames in the sussex records: earwicker, hogsflesh, "lennox anker" "barzillac forder"...

Comment

kylejustin I used to ferret around on Familysearch as many wills are on there but the Ancestry search is so much easier and the images are better. I live in Sussex and my husband's folk are almost wholly from there, and I have a Sussex grandmother so there are rich pickings for me too, plus I do a lot of local history research and transcribe as many Lindfield and Fletching wills as I can for the Sussex Family History Group.

Comment

with that and the ones on FMP looks like Sussex is well served this week. I don't have any in Sussex :(
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

cbcarolyn the FMP ones are the transcripts of the ones that Ancestry has already with images, I have a sub for FMP but mainly use it for the 1921 when it comes to Sussex

Comment

just found a burial entry in 1707 apuldram for three children aged 1, 2, 4 in the same family "burnt and buried in the same box".

Comment

How tragic

Comment

Working...
                X