Trying to find Bennett of Warwick QLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
    No, haven't found it yet. The trees say she died in 1892 but the records do not match up. There is a death in Dec Q 1871, but that it another Mary Ann Jones. Last sighting is the 1861 census. I did wonder if she had remarried.
    i was thinking that too, and hoping for a Bennett or Pillinger!
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

i was thinking that too, and hoping for a Bennett or Pillinger!
      Or a Mable!
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Just for info, the deaths of the Jones children before 1859 -

Edward b Dec Q 1841, d Dec Q 1841
        Mary b Sep Q 1842, d Sep Q 1842
        Edward b Dec Q 1843, d Dec Q 1843
        Mary Martha Pillinger b Dec Q 1846, d Sep Q 1847

Linda

Comment

I was confused over the marriage of Bessie in Liverpool, and I assume it must be her as everything ties up. but she has father down as grocer.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Not had much luck trying to trace the Jones children. I think that Edward William married Mary Elizabeth O'Brien in 1881 - his father is John Jones, a college servant. Edward is a Seaman by profession. I'm not sure if that means he is in the Navy or not.
            Linda

Comment

looks like to OP has disappeared :( I have failed on Jones too, did go back to newspapers, but nothing jumped out.

So annoying that she married a Jones!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

For reference, following a pm from OP referring to my 2008 thread

Gillian
                User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

It is many years, and several laptops ago, since I last looked at the Salmoni family and I don't currently have my research to hand.

The Thomas Salmoni who married a Bennet in Oxford married later in Canada (Ontario I think?) but I never found a death for his first wife or a record of any children of that marriage. He died in Canada and his obit appeared in The Oxford Journal.

John Pillinger and his wife Martha (nee Salmoni) had John's niece living with them on at least one census. She later married but I don't recall her married name.

Last edited by Just Gillian; 04-05-23, 13:27.
                  Gillian
                  User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

lovely to see you Just Gillian it certainly has been a long time.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Just Gillian so you never cracked the Mabel or Pillinger connection either the OP has not been back since.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                      X