Sarah Pashley Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Pashley Phillips

Hi, I wondered if I might be able to borrow a fresh pair of eyes to find a possible birth for Sarah Pashley?

I have her marriage in 1817 to William Phillips in Bishop Middleham and her name is attached to 3 Baptism records and a death record. Her death record states she is roughly 29 at the time of her death but I've not been able to narrow any births to the Durham area. I've found some in Sheffield and Kent but those led to marriages. I think I'd like to hopefully tie this brick wall up after so many years.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Approximate year of birth? You say she was 29 when she died, but you don't say when this was.

ADDED: The only marriage I see of a William Phillips & Sarah Pashley was 15 Sep 1817 at St Margaret, Durham, not Bishop Middleham. Witnesses to this marriage were Nicholas Phillips, Ann Eggleston and George Adamson

The baptisms, also at St Margaret, Durham, were as follows:
    11 Oct 1818 John s/o William & Sarah Phillips, Crossgate, Paper Maker,
    30 Apr 1820 Mary d/o William & Sarah Phillips, Crossgate, Paper Maker (there is a note indicating that she was privately baptised on 15 April)
    20 Apr 1823 Henry s/o William Phillips & Sarah Eggleston, Framwellgate, Paper Maker

The Sarah Phillips who was buried 1 Dec 1823 at Bishop Middleham, aged 29, was also said to be of Durham City.

The naming of Henry's mother as Sarah Eggleston may have been a mistake, but as one of the marriage witnesses was Ann Eggleston, and an Ann Eggleston was baptised n Bishop Middleham in 1799 (parents Thomas & Elizabeth). Another was buried there in 1856 aged 74 (born c1782), so I'm assuming there must be a close connection if Sarah also died there but her husband was in Durham City. May be worth looking into further?

Last edited by teasie; 25-04-23, 23:54.

Comment

Oops sorry thought I had 😊. She died in December 1823

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
        Approximate year of birth? You say she was 29 when she died, but you don't say when this was.

ADDED: The only marriage I see of a William Phillips & Sarah Pashley was 15 Sep 1817 at St Margaret, Durham, not Bishop Middleham. Witnesses to this marriage were Nicholas Phillips, Ann Eggleston and George Adamson

The baptisms, also at St Margaret, Durham, were as follows:
        11 Oct 1818 John s/o William & Sarah Phillips, Crossgate, Paper Maker,
        30 Apr 1820 Mary d/o William & Sarah Phillips, Crossgate, Paper Maker (there is a note indicating that she was privately baptised on 15 April)
        20 Apr 1823 Henry s/o William Phillips & Sarah Eggleston, Framwellgate, Paper Maker

The Sarah Phillips who was buried 1 Dec 1823 at Bishop Middleham, aged 29, was also said to be of Durham City.

The naming of Henry's mother as Sarah Eggleston may have been a mistake, but as one of the marriage witnesses was Ann Eggleston, and an Ann Eggleston was baptised n Bishop Middleham in 1799 (parents Thomas & Elizabeth). Another was buried there in 1856 aged 74 (born c1782), so I'm assuming there must be a close connection if Sarah also died there but her husband was in Durham City. May be worth looking into further?

Williams parents were William Phillips and Jane Eggleston. They were married the day before William JR was baptised. It was rather fascinating to find that one in a Durham Paper making Book. Jane's brother James was the owner of that one. Henry's middle name is Eggleston in further records.

Comment

I have now tried resorted to trying every birth location a similar names with no luck whatsoever now 😟

Comment

Working...
          X