WIlliam Hamon, witness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIlliam Hamon, witness

William Hamon (possibly misread by me) witnessed two marriages of related people on the same day.
    Charlotte Joyce Coverly
    Female
    Marriage
    26 Aug 1822
    St James, Paddington, Westminster, England
    John Salter Andrews
    http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/s...=0&indiv=try&g ss=pt&_gl=1*hurw4y*_ga*Mzg2MjczOTY1LjE2Nzk4NjcyNjI .*_ga_4QT8FMEX30*MjRlMzg2MGMtOGM3YS00MmVjLThiY2UtM mFjMDY3NDcxZGFiLjEuMS4xNjc5ODY4ODM1LjQ5LjAuMA..

Elizabeth Coverly
    Female
    Marriage
    26 Aug 1822
    St James, Paddington, Westminster, England

Apologies if that link doesn't work. William Hamon does not appear elsewhere on the page, so I don't think he's a warden, but rather connected to the family, probably thru the brides (who are sisters).
    I still only have access to FamilySearch, and I don't see any records likely pertaining to him. Any chance someone could figure out who he is?
    Thanks!

Looking backwards & forwards a few pages Wm Hamon appears as a witness to numerous other marriages.

There is a notice in the Morning Chronicle 20 Nov 1820 stating that many of the tombs & monuments at Paddington Churchyard are dilapidated and informing anyone wanting to repair them to do so forthwith as the grounds were to be drained and improved. "For further information apply to Mr Hamon, Parish Clerk, No. 16, Harrow Road, Paddington" By Order of the Churchwardens. J Parton, Clerk.
    Last edited by teasie; 26-03-23, 23:54.

Comment

Thanks, teasie - Parish clerk it is, then. Darn, hoping to find a hidden connection!

Comment

Working...
      X