What is Sarahs last name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Sarahs last name?

Having a bit of trouble identifying what Sarah's last name is,I can see that it begins with an 'S' but am unsure of the rest.. any one else have any ideas please?
    thank you.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

William son of Sarah 1769.jpg
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 24-03-23, 10:14. Reason: added hyperlink
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

I can't make it out at all. Looked om FMP and they just have William s/o Sarah. I also went back a few pages to see if anything similar name wise but noting jumped out. Sorry!!
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Have puzzled over this and come to no conclusion sorry, other than to say that I thought the name started with a K ?

Comment

thank you ladies, it certainly is challenging me too!
        Julie

Comment

it might be that she'll have another child a bit further forward, not seen her at all previously.
          Julie

Comment

Sorry Julie; it defo comes into the illegible category

Are you transcribing or researching? If the latter, might there another version elsewhere? (printed transcript or BT return?)
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
              Sorry Julie; it defo comes into the illegible category

Are you transcribing or researching? If the latter, might there another version elsewhere? (printed transcript or BT return?)
              Sorry Jay only just seen this and for some reason I didn't get notification that you'd posted!.. transcribing, Lin already checked FMP and FS doesn't have a name for her either. I don't have a sub to Ancestry so cant check there.... I can deffo see it starts with an S but not much else.
              Julie

Comment

I ran it through the Vivid-Pix Restore programme but I don't think it has improved it much...

William son of Sarah 1769_Vivid_ful.jpg
                Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Thank you Gardengirl its not a very long surname and I can see 'Sa' and possibly a 'd' on the end, but not sure what surnames are like that... only thing I can think of is Sand, but there might be more letters that I can't distinguish. Appreciate you having a go though... I can also see 'a Bastard' after that on the same line.. not that that helps much!
                  Julie

Comment

Could it be Rudd?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      Could it be Rudd?
                      I don't think so Kyle, trouble is the noise on the image makes the letters look like something they aren't!... I'm certain that I can see an 'S' that matches the name of Sarah, in my picture that posted first, it's very faint but it is there. appreciate your thoughts though.
                      Julie

Comment

Checked the image on Ancestry, just as bad, and no transcription either.
                        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

At least we aren't the only ones that can't ready it!
                          Lin

Comment

Did a check on FreeReg - the penny dropped!
                            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I think you need a surname to check anything on Freereg. Might be wrong but I think so.
                              Lin

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                                Did a check on FreeReg - the penny dropped!
                                Yep, that's who I'm transcribing it for. Once the early Pr's are done I will have completed all of Pinxton. [I've already done 1813-1926 BMDs]

Lin Fisher I'm pretty sure that I read in our notes that you can wildcard search now too, though I've not tried it.
                                Julie

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                  Could it be Rudd?
                                  I've had another look at the image and I think that you could be right kylejustin, I thought that what I was seeing was noise, but I went back to the page and lo and behold on the previous page was Ruth... and the first letters look identical.... sooooo I'm going to go with Rudd as her surname... thank you x
                                  Julie

Comment

Great Julie. Freereg is a good site, have found loads of info that isn't transcribed on the other sites.
                                    Lin

Comment

Working...
                                    X