My Sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sister

Hello all, i need a little help if possible I have been researching my sister and iv got myself in a bit of a mess,is it possible to get a little help.
    Her name was Elizabeth Taylor,born 11/2/1948 and she died in 1994,her married name was Hanvey,my problem is i have found the grave and it has Elizabeth Leonard???i i cannot find anything relating to leonard,it is her grave as i have been into the cemetery office,it has totally confused me,i would really appreciate a bit of help Ron

There is a marriage in Salford in 1984 that may be appropriate. However as both parties may still be alive I will not put details of names. Salford, Feb 1984 vol 39, page 457. E H to P J G L.

Link to Ancestry record:

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Looks as if the marriage Ozgirl found is correct. The man she married seems to have married again in 1995. Probably still alive.

I see she died as Hanvey but not sure why.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

There are two separate deaths in Q2 1994, but one is 12-years older than the other:

LEONARD, ELIZABETH YoB 1960 GRO Reference: DOR Q2/1994 in SALFORD (0111A) Reg TA39 Entry Number 290

HANVEY, ELIZABETH YoB 1948 GRO Reference: DOR Q2/1994 in SALFORD (0111B) Reg TB36 Entry Number 131

I don't understand when you say "i have found the grave and it has Elizabeth Leonard???i i cannot find anything relating to leonard,it is her grave as i have been into the cemetery office". Are you suggesting that the wrong person is in the grave, or that an additional person (Elizabeth Leonard) is buried in there too?

If its the latter then based on the marriage record posted by Ozgirl it sounds to me like a family plot.

Perhaps you can be a bit clearer about exactly what the burial register and/or headstone says?
        Last edited by teasie; 17-03-23, 00:17.

Comment

the headstone says --Elizabeth Leonard, d May 11 1994,aged 46,also on the stone is Jason Hanvey,D July 5 2007,aged 17,I was told the the grave is a family grave belonging to Hanvey,i couldent find another marriage ,so i am going to find what i can about J G Leonard

Comment

there are 3 children born around the right time with MMN taylor with surname Hanvey

search on here and you will see them, looks as though they could be their children

I assume that they are the Manchester births?

Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by redron View Post
              the headstone says --Elizabeth Leonard, d May 11 1994,aged 46,also on the stone is Jason Hanvey,D July 5 2007,aged 17,I was told the the grave is a family grave belonging to Hanvey,i couldent find another marriage ,so i am going to find what i can about J G Leonard
              MMN is Hanvey according to findmypast
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Can you explain to us why you think this grave is your sister's?

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                  There is a marriage in Salford in 1984 that may be appropriate. However as both parties may still be alive I will not put details of names. Salford, Feb 1984 vol 39, page 457. E H to P J G L.

Link to Ancestry record:

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=try&h=3865041
                  Originally posted by teasie View Post
                  There are two separate deaths in Q2 1994, but one is 12-years older than the other:

LEONARD, ELIZABETH YoB 1960 GRO Reference: DOR Q2/1994 in SALFORD (0111A) Reg TA39 Entry Number 290

HANVEY, ELIZABETH YoB 1948 GRO Reference: DOR Q2/1994 in SALFORD (0111B) Reg TB36 Entry Number 131

I don't understand when you say "i have found the grave and it has Elizabeth Leonard???i i cannot find anything relating to leonard,it is her grave as i have been into the cemetery office". Are you suggesting that the wrong person is in the grave, or that an additional person (Elizabeth Leonard) is buried in there too?

If its the latter then based on the marriage record posted by Ozgirl it sounds to me like a family plot.

Perhaps you can be a bit clearer about exactly what the burial register and/or headstone says?

It is possible that Elizabeth b. 1960 married PJGL as she would be 24yrs old at marriage.

Elizabeth Hanvey b.1948 d.1994 could be her mother, which I take it is your sister redron ? Maybe Elizabeth Hanvey did purchase the grave plot and her daughter and grandson predeceased her? The marriage cert would confirm which Elizabeth married PJGL, and therefore possibly solve the mystery of which Elizabeth it is in the grave.
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

My sister married Brian and they had three girls and as far as i know she never had any more,the plot is not owned by my sister,it appears to belong to Brians mother,the office will not divulge to much info,but i am going to do some more searching especially about the marriage,I am so grateful for your help in getting me information,im not all that good at searching Ron

Comment

Originally posted by redron View Post
                      My sister married Brian and they had three girls and as far as i know she never had any more,the plot is not owned by my sister,it appears to belong to Brians mother,the office will not divulge to much info,but i am going to do some more searching especially about the marriage,I am so grateful for your help in getting me information,im not all that good at searching Ron
                      No that's quite alright redron I hope you get it sorted out.
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                      X