No announcement yet.

Name deciphering help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at other entries in Pinxton, it does look like it could be Thomas. There was a Thomas Steanrod born in 1720 in Pentrich, father Samuel if that is of any help - he would be about the right age. The only marriage I could find for a Thomas S and a Sarah was in 1733, a bit early for one born in 1720.

Aah - a couple of pages further on from Sarah's baptism there is a George baptised Sep 15, 1745, son of whosit and Sarah. The name looks a lot more like Thomas. Then in 1756 George (Gorg) dies and father is clearly written as Thomas.
    Last edited by ozgirl; 15-03-23, 17:59.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

FWIW, in the original image I think it could be Tho: Stainrod

Anne

Comment

found another Thomas - baptised in Bakewell 15 Feb 1715/16, Thomas son of Gervas and Sarah Stainrod. A bit more likely to have been married in 1733, That marriage was on 5 July 1733 in West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, Thomas Stainrood to Sarah Storer.
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by Elderflower View Post
          Don't know if this will help but I approached it from a different angle. Thought I would see if I could find a marriage for a surname of Stanrod to a Sarah in Derbyshire. Using the Derbyshire records on Ancestry, what I found was a Burial for a Gorg Stanrod with parents Thomas and Sarah on 18 March 1756 at Pinxton. As the original image you posted was from the Pinxton registers in 1743, I think it might be worthwhile considering that this was another child of the couple and his name would, therefore, be Thomas. I have not found the marriage, nor the Baptism of Gorg.

Another burial I have just found is for a Robert Stanrod with parents Thos and Sarah in Pinxton 0n 4 April 1742.

Having checked again, the name Thomas is written in full on the burial record for Gorg.

Pat
          Thank you Elderflower I have seen the stanrod name earlier and several children have already been identified x
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you everyone...

kylejustin PhotoFamily Oakum Picker Elderflower ozgirl Anne in Carlisle

I can now put this to bed.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X