Australia passenger lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia passenger lists

I was wondering if anyone has access to FMP and the category AUSTRALIA INWARD, OUTWARD & COASTAL PASSENGER LISTS 1826-1972. The couple in question are George White(born 1813) and his wife Eliza(Baxter)White. I know they were married in England in 1834. Possible two children Charles and Jane born as well before relocating to Adelaide, in South Australia before their 3rd child was born in Australia.around about 1841, any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance

not much that I can see, there doesn't seem to be any images just indexed. Only one that fits his dob is, and doesn't tell you much at all:

First name(s) George
    Last name White
    Birth year 1813
    Age 28
    Ship name Duchess Of Northumberland
    Departure port -
    Departure country -
    Arrival year 1841
    Arrival month Jun
    Arrival port -
    State Victoria
    Database Title Victoria Inward Passenger Lists 1839-1923
    Record set Australia, Inward, Outward & Coastal Passenger Lists 1826-1972
    Category Travel & migration
    Subcategory Passenger Lists
    Collections from Australasia, Australia​
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks, for your efforts, by any chance was there and Eliza White (wife) and two young children Charles and Jane on the same manifest at all. Again thank u for your help

Comment

Ok through my searching I've come across a

George White Mrs White and 2 children

Aboard the TAM O'SHANTER which set sail from London on the 20th July 1836 and arrived at HOLDFAST BAY (Port Adelaide) on or around the 20th November 1836. So on the original passenger list does it give ages or profession

Comment

the biographical index of south australians records this for your family:

george white- b.21 nov 1813, tetbury, gloucs. to john and jane. he was a tailor and vigneron, arrived 1838 on the royal admiral. died 13 nov 1876 at rosefield, SA.
          married eliza baxter on 24 nov 1834 at stonehouse gloucs.

children: has. (1836-), Jane PEARCE (1837-1907), Richd. Baxter (1839-1872), Geo. Benjamin (1841-1878), Sarah Ann BLACKMORE (1843-), Eliza (1845-1846), Emily Baxter PHILLIS (1847-), Henry Baxter (1849-1872), Eliza Baxter (1851-1853), Harriet Baxter FRANKLIN (1854-1905), Fredk. Wm. (1858-1935).​

Comment

this link shows them on the passenger list: https://bound-for-south-australia.co...yalAdmiral.htm

don't know if the original has survived. most SA shipping lists are reconstructed from different sources.

Comment

That's brilliant, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
              I can't thank you enough😃😃😃😃

Comment

sorry I went out - glad it is all sorted.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                X