Can someone check this marriage for me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone check this marriage for me please

I have a marriage that I believe to be my 3x grt grandparents, I have the date and place from the marriage disc and Philimores entry, what I would like to see is the actual entry in the register and see if any family members were witnesses. I've not got any subs to Ancestry or FMP atm, so can't readily check.

I would be very grateful if someone could look for me please. thank you.

Elizabeth Jepson and John Beeson August 5th 1807 @ Beeston : St John the Baptist.

I 'thought' that Elizabeth might have come from Selston, Nottinghamshire, but now I'm not so sure. On the 1841 cens it has her being born in county [Nottinghamshire] but she dies in 1850 so have no idea where. I have looked on FreeREG to see if there is a birth in Beeston for her but nothing is showing. I can see a baptism in Selston, but there are also burials of an Elizabeth Jepson too. I will check those to see if it gives an age, which is why now doubt has been cast into what I thought was a lead.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 26-02-23, 13:51.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Witnesses were William Cross and Thomas Barker.

Saved image if you would like it.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
      Witnesses were William Cross and Thomas Barker.

Saved image if you would like it.
      oh yes please Lin Fisher I checked the burials @ Selston and one didn't give an age but the other was 86 at burial
      Julie

Comment

Ancestry has it, witnesses are William Cross and Thomas Barker.

Comment

Julie, just found your e- mail so have sent it to you.
          Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
            Ancestry has it, witnesses are William Cross and Thomas Barker.
            Thanks Jill on the A272
            Julie

Comment

thank you Lin x
              Julie

Comment

The only births that fit for her are in Selston and Annesley. With ending in Hucknall Tolkard seems as though they had some connection to there.
                Lin

Comment

That's smashing Lin thank you. I've just used my BMD Discs to sweep Nottinghamshire for her bapt but the only one in about that time frame is 7th Jul 1789 for Elizabeth Jepson @ Selston d/o John.
                  What I'm not sure of is exactly what would the industry have been in Beeston at that time? FWK?

It's good that I now have a parish for John too, Though the surname often gets muddled with Beeson/Beeston/Beson/Beason etc.
                  Julie

Comment

The only births that fit for her are in Selston and Annesley. With ending in Hucknall Tolkard seems as though they had some connection to there.
                    Yes, they eventually settled and had family in Hucknall Torkard, that's where their daughter Martha my 2xgrt grandmother was born.
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      It's good that I now have a parish for John too, Though the surname often gets muddled with Beeson/Beeston/Beson/Beason etc.
                      I'm not too sure just why his parish was St Marys though. On the 1851 he gives his place of birth as Eakring. He dies just after the 1851 census too. [Ihad also found a baptism @ Eakring for a John which ties in with the census POB]

Julie

Comment

Beeston still has a framework knitting factory. G H Hurt, they make things for the royal children. My claim to fame is that I am related to them. My Grandmother was a Hurt. Think there was lace making as well. Well worth a look on Hurts web site.

Not sure why he was in Nottingham ST Marys but there was a lot of people moving from the little villages to get away from being an Ag lab around then.
                        Lin

Comment

Beeston still has a framework knitting factory. G H Hurt, they make things for the royal children. My claim to fame is that I am related to them. My Grandmother was a Hurt. Think there was lace making as well. Well worth a look on Hurts web site.

Not sure why he was in Nottingham ST Marys but there was a lot of people moving from the little villages to get away from being an Ag lab around then.
                          Yeah, I've just been googling about the FWK in Beeston at that time, so it's possible that he was in Nottingham learning the trade, and possibly went to Beeston as there was more room for FWK and it wasn't so cramped unlike Nottm centre.

According to the 1851 census, he was a retired needlemaker and a widower, so he could have been making the needles for the machines? not quite sure why I thought he was a FWK though.
                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                          X