Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another CLAXTON puzzle, which has me challenged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Walters marriage:

not deceased! but could be
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Sorry, Carolyn, my Ancestry sub has lapsed Can you tell me the name of Walter's spouse and the Reg Dist, then I can use FMP to make a reference until I get to a library or can find an offer for Ancestry? (Not driving at present as I have an eye problem ) I anticipate being back in the cockpit next week.
      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 18-02-23, 19:52.
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Gertrude Cicley Yates, he has put the Cable street address down also. Father down as wheelwright.

Marriage in Leeds
        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 18-02-23, 21:02.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks, Carolyn. I need to sign out now and go to my bed. Good night and thanks for all the help.
          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

the only possible death that fits birth year, is one in Sunderland in 1928
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you Carolyn. 8 years out, but as you say, best fit. Wonder what took him to Sunderland? I can't justify buying the death certificate as he is a bit remote on my tree. Robert's father was a first cousin of my gt-gdmother.

I think teasie is probably right and the wife, Jane Elizabeth, morphed into Mrs Brown.

ETA JUST FOUND HER!!!!

1939 - 3 Sissons Terrace, Leeds.
              Jane E Claxton mar charwoman
              Charles Brown div blacksmith's farrier

Big thanks to teasie for that newspaper report.
              Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 19-02-23, 11:42.
              Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                the only possible death that fits birth year, is one in Sunderland in 1928
                There was a Robert Claxton born in Sunderland around the right time (Parents Robert & Mary Ann), so the death is likely to be him.

If Robert Burton Claxton had deserted from the army and also abandoned his wife, then I would suspect he's either going by a different name, emigrated, or both!

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post

There was a Robert Claxton born in Sunderland around the right time (Parents Robert & Mary Ann), so the death is likely to be him.

If Robert Burton Claxton had deserted from the army and also abandoned his wife, then I would suspect he's either going by a different name, emigrated, or both!
                  I am thinking the same. did look through immigration records, didn't find anything.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I assumed that you spotted on the reg of electors in FMP that Charles Brown was with her for several years.

Leeds was where Gertrude married, must have moved nearer to her.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

1938 reg of electors:
                      claxton.jpg
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

1949 reg of electors
                        claxton1.jpg
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

It would be good to know WHY all three children were placed in training institutions in different counties and what effect their upbringing had on them. I don't think Gladys ever married and Walter and his wife seem to have gone their separate ways. Gertrude remarried in 1954 and I think Walter did too.
                          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
                          X