British Newspapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Newspapers

I have been looking at British Newspapers on findmypast. I have noticed that although some newspaper pages are very clear others are far less so. In particular, some of the photos in the paper are completely black, so you can't see them at all. They're not all very old papers either. A couple I wanted to see are from the mid 1960s. Does anyone know whether this is caused by poor scanning or whether the papers are no longer legible in parts. I have tried searching the internet to see if the original paper copies still exist but have had no luck at all with this. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

I have known people to contact FMP directly and they have either rescanned the pages or sent better scans to the person that has asked directly. I hope that you get some good results.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

You could try the local library/archives and they may also have a copy. Have you looked at the rest of the paper, are photos all the same?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try contacting FMP. The local archives for the area I am interested in is at Woking. I did e-mail them to ask if they have copies of the newspaper I want to look at, and they tell me that the newspaper is on microfilm. If FMP can't/won't help I will have a trip to Woking and look at their microfilm copy. It might be more legible,

Comment

Working...
        X