James Farley b.1805 can't see a bapt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
    According to a transcript produced by Sussex Family History Group, James was buried at Burwash 18 July 1883, recorded as 83 yrs old.

James's first wife Hannah was buried at Burwash 10 July 1841, aged 35 years, and second wife Rhoda on 2 Feb 1877 (same source as above.)
    that tallys with GRO as they have James death in 1883 Ticehurst dist. aged 83.

I had seen the other James with Lettie having children on LDS so it seem that there are a few James Farleys in this area... marvellous!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Probate - all I can see is the following:

admin: 23 March 1876 of the effects of James Farley late of Cranbrook, Kent, who died 15 Jan 1876 at Cranbrook,. Admin granted to widow Letty Farley of Cranbrook.

(I did a quick blanket search - James Farley 1883 +/- 10 yrs )
      guess it doesn't state his occupation? though I think that this is a red herring.. and not connected.
      Julie

Comment

The James who died in Cranbrook in 1876 is most likely the one born in Cranbrook in 1804 (see post #19)

He is living in Cranbrook on the 1841. 1851, 1861 and 1871 censuses with wife Lettice/Letty

He is an AgLab in 1841 and a Waggoner/Carter after that.
        Last edited by ozgirl; 24-01-23, 14:05.
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
          The James who died in Cranbrook in 1876 is most likely the one born in Cranbrook in 1804 (see post #19)

He is living in Cranbrook on the 1841. 1851, 1861 and 1871 censuses with wife Lettice/Letty

Yes. Lots of trees on Ancestry,for James but (as usual) another Ancestry tree is often taken as a primary source by others! Also, there is sometimes an assumption that because there only seems to be one record available on line, then it has got to be the one you are searching for!

Julie, do you feel confident that the family you are seeking is the James Farley husband of Hannah and Rhoda and son of George? Is his daughter Eliza your proven link?
          Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 24-01-23, 14:18.
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Julie, do you feel confident that the family you are seeking is the James Farley husband of Hannah and Rhoda and son of George? Is his daughter Eliza your proven link?
            I think yes that, I have Eliza marrying Henry Baker, their daughter Ann b.1852 marries John Eastwood in 1868, and their daughter Ellen b. 1868 marries Arthur Joseph Holder whose mother was Mary Ann Roe daughter of Maria Lydall Roe that was the daughter of James Lydall my 3x grt grandfather.

Jeez louise!..lol. I'm trying to work backwards confirming a link that I have to Judy Garland... its all in degrees of separation... they're supposed to be married in's I just want to see if it's right or if there are any spanners in the works!... it'd be nice if it works out though...

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post

that's good to hear... seems to be a separate family which is all good, [as long as his father isn't George Henry Farley!]
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X