1921 England census help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1921 England census help please

I don't get any access to 1921 via the National Library of Scotland's arrangement with FMP not even the wee freebie box naming who was in a household.
    I don't need any images etc, just confirmation of the first few names and the number of others in one particular household.
    I'm not sure what the address was exactly but the family were definitely in Croydon / Mitcham area of Surrey.
    In 1939, the address was 3 Ecclesbourne Road, Thornton Heath. In 1911 they were at 5 Grand Parade, Streatham Road, Mitcham.
    All persons shown below are confirmed as deceased.

1921 the family should be;
    1. James (sometimes George James) MONTAGUE b.1867, Kirkcudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland
    2. Agnes (sometimes Nancy) MONTAGUE b.1882, Kilwinning, Ayrshire, Scotland
    3. Alan Stuart MONTAGUE b.1909, Streatham, Wandsworth, Surrey
    4. George Cameron MONTAGUE b.1914, Croydon, Surrey
    5. Irene Frances Mary MONTAGUE b.1916, Croydon, Surrey

The age discrepancy between James and Agnes is correct, he was much older than her. They were not married in 1911 but claimed they were on the census. The marriage was 1914.
    I have not found James, Agnes or Alan in Scotland in 1921 but Agnes and one of her sons were frequent visitors to Ayrshire where they stayed with members of the family of her mother's late husband, Agnes having been born before her mother married a man who was not the birthfather.
    Given that there are loads of faults with the new ScotlandsPeople servers and search options, I'm trying to establish whether the MONTAGUEs were all in England in 1921 or if should I put the family on the back burner for now till the SP site issues are resolved.
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 06-12-22, 00:03.

It's the same. I've sent a pm.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Many thanks for finding them. Have pm’d you. Sorry for late reply, I was out late at the pubquiz which we won. We don’t usually even merit a prize.

Comment

Was it because you got 10/10 on the history round?
        Phil
        historyhouse.co.uk
        Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Originally posted by keldon View Post
          Was it because you got 10/10 on the history round?
          No, it was because we got almost all of them right in the Abbreviations and Acronyms round. There were 52 of the blooming things. We have a rotation of quiz setters and this one just cannot do 6 rounds of twenty questions. His always have anywhere between 10 and 40 questions per round and sometimes he goes off the scale completely. His quizzes always take the longest time.

Comment

Working...
          X