Blakes in Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blakes in Wales

This lot are DHs family, his mother has never been interested in her tree, but many years ago I did ask a lot of questions and she is convinced that one of her aunts went to USA, but I can't find anyone going there. Can anyone see a USA traveller? I am wondering if it was a cousin, so need to find some children. a couple on 1911 census might be interesting

John Blake and Elizabeth Jones had this gang, and the girls with deaths all seem to be in UK, this without haven't found much out about them
    Mary A Blake 1874–1883
    Elizabeth Blake 1875–1943
    Jane (Jinnie) Blake 1877–1931
    Winifred Blake 1880–
    Sarah Ellen Blake 1881–1884
    John Blake 1883–
    Catherine Ann Blake 1885–
    Mary Ellen Blake 1887–1946
    Elsie Vera Blake 1893–1966
    Robert Isaac Blake 1898–1965
    Veronica Elizabeth Blake 1899–1985

I will renew my FMP sub next week and get 1921 census so it might reveal something.

Not looked at this tree in a long while, seem to have a few gaps,

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Assume this is them in 1881?

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...0868bfeec271ea 9d11dc2fcb6fe&_phsrc=PJA1934&_phstart=successSourc e

Dymeirchion, Flintshire, Wales
    Reg Dist: St Asaph

John Blake 30 Head b 1851 Whitchurch, Shropshire, England. Game keeper
    Elizabeth Blake 24 Daughter(?) (Wife) b 1857 Llansanna, Denbighshire, Clwyd,
    Mary A. Blake 7 Daughter
    Elizabeth Blake 6 Daughter
    Jane Blake4 Daughter
    Winifred Blake 1 Daughter​​
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 24-11-22, 20:11.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

yes that's them, I have 61 and 71 missing for John.

Winifred I lose after 1891

Jane (Jinnie) - think this is Auntie Jinnie that MiL remembered someone by that name have her in St Asaph and marrying Thomas Hughes, don't actually have her in 1901

Catherine Ann Blake is a mystery atm, maybe she died (Mary A and Sarah I have deaths which seem likely)

Mary Ellen need more work on but think MiL remembered her, which is why I have some details that are not verified.

Veronica Elizabeth Blake - was definitely remembered

Maybe I need to have a look at Gladys Blake Grand daughter https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=try&h=2104552, no ide who parent is yet.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

There is Gladys Mary Blake 1903 St Asaph but no MMN so could be illegitimate.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Lin Fisher I was wondering if she could be the gone to US 'aunt' as MiL may have seen her as that rather than a cousin. Can't be the daughter of anyone on that census as they are too young.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

Looks like she married Thomas S Jones in 1924 in St Asaph.

Put her name into Ancestry and forgot to put area and a loads of US newspapers came up with both their names but don't have the right sub to look at any.

Think you might be right.
            Lin

Comment

ooh will look, had to be a jones!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Someone on Ancestry had Glady's mother as Mary Ellen. She is working as a servant in 1911 and seems to marry Edward B Morris in 1918 St Asaph. Think he might have been Edward Bailey Morris.

Quite a bit about him on Ancestry. If you don't have a sub I can send you anything.

Also Family Search is good for some American census. Not looked though
                Lin

Comment

I have found her school record in FMP and her dob 11 May 1903 and now have her in 1939 register with Thomas Spencer Jones (Spencer Thomas sometimes), so don't think she is in USA, but nice to trace her anyway. I am beginning to think maybe not even a blood relative. I have looked quite a few times before and never found anyone.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Glad you have found her. Just gave you pointers as I know you know how to search yourself. Still don't know who went to America though!
                    Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                      Glad you have found her. Just gave you pointers as I know you know how to search yourself. Still don't know who went to America though!
                      I think you get people blind when you look and look, so always nice for someone to find something.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                      X