Finding new details in Lithuania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding new details in Lithuania

For the past 3 years I have been researching about my ancestors in Lithuania. I found lots of information about my great-grandparents (their siblings, cousins, places, a few dates), and I even went to Lithuania a few months ago and brought all the documents I found from the archives.

I am now looking for more information - like their addresses, occupations, other dates, more siblings or children I didn't find maybe, even more pre ancestors and any other "proof" they were there - but I'm a bit stuck.
    I thought about checking in their villages and communities (they were Jewish), something/somewhere more specific than the national archives or similar.

I would love to hear any ideas or suggestions! What details to look for and how to look, assuming the goal is going on a genealogical trip. Of course I can have a professional to look for me but I just enjoy doing it by myself

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum Guy. Can't help at all with Lithuanian family history unfortunately but googled Lithuanian Genealogy and the first thing that came up was Family search. Not read it all but a page full of advice.

Family search is free but more records are accessible if you sign in.

Hope it is a little bit of help for you.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Agree with Lin Fisher - familysearch often has resources, some even online.

They do have a wiki page about research Lithuanian Jewish ancestors -
      A guide to finding your Jewish Ancestors from Lithuania using Miriam Weiner's Routes to Roots Foundation website.

That page also links to this resource page

I also know a woman who used a Facebook group to assist with her Eastern European ancestry. I suspect that they would include researching in Lithuania.

And, of course - DNA testing and matching, in as many "ponds" [databases] as you can.

Comment

Working...
      X