familysearchrecords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• familysearchrecords

well familysearch has just thrown a spanner into the works. lol.
    I have Elizabeth Freed b1823 married to Charles Boorman with several children being born between 1846 and 1859. Freed is not a very common name although there are a number of Elizabeth's. so today I had an email from familysearch to say there are new records. Lo and behold its this Elizabeth Freed but married to Isaac Hacquoil and the marriage entry in the parish records is there stating father as Henry Freed so same one. I have had her married to Charles Boorman for many years. lol, so do several others. I have checked on freebdm and there is another Elizabeth on the marriage page but Elizabeth Kern so I am now assuming Charles Boorman married Elizabeth Kern and had nothing to do with my family tree. I tried looking for a baptism for Elizabeth Kern to establish her age but not found one. It should be near Maidstone Kent abound 1823.
    Unless of course Elizabeth Freed was a bigamist with 2 families
    So for now I will detach this couple from each other..

Ooops, how annoying. Are the children's births registered on the GRO so you can check their mother's maiden name?
    Anne

Comment

Just as you thought you had it sorted!

I realised I had the wrong George on one of mine, and had it wrong for years. The most annoying thing is that others have copied my tree on ancestry, I can't be bothered to contact them though!
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

Looked at freebmd

It seems that several of the children had Freed incorporated in their names.

Comment

You've certainly got me confused here because Charles Boorman, wheelwright, did indeed marry an Elizabeth Freed 21/1/1846 Maidstone but she was the daughter of a Thomas Freed. (Elizabeth Kern married a John Rigden Neame Acres 1/1/1846 Maidstone). Census states she was born ca.1822 Chart Sutton, Kent and her baptism is as Elizabeth Fridd, bp.3/3/1822 Chart next Sutton Valence, Kent dau. of Thomas and Sarah.

However, the Elizabeth bp.11/8/1823 East Sutton (dau. of Henry and Marianne) did indeed marry Isaac Hacquoil but not until 1851.

So which Elizabeth are you actually interested in? The one who married Charles Boorman (whose father was Thomas) or the one married to Isaac Hacquoil (whose father was Henry).

Comment

Henry Freed and Mary Ann Bates are my 3rd great grandparents so elizabeth is my 2nd great grand aunt, now married to Isaac hacquoil.
            All the Freed/Fridd family are the same just the parish records changed the spelling and sometimes its Fried.....
            Thomas and Sarah married 1809 so not sure how I have missed them having Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
            X