Family search record ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family search record ..

.. is anyone going to an 'affiliate library' (I don't know what that means - is it an LDS church/library?) or a family history centre and could possibly look up a record please? I am trying to find the original record for a marriage of John Ruman/Roman/Roumman to an Ann Ioens in 1736 in West Tytherley, Hants (never heard or seen this surname) and i'm wondering if it's been incorrectly transcribed on FMP. I looked on Family Search and it looks the original might be available to check?

Thank you

Tessie

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
    .. is anyone going to an 'affiliate library' (I don't know what that means - is it an LDS church/library?) or a family history centre and could possibly look up a record please? I am trying to find the original record for a marriage of John Ruman/Roman/Roumman to an Ann Ioens in 1736 in West Tytherley, Hants (never heard or seen this surname) and i'm wondering if it's been incorrectly transcribed on FMP. I looked on Family Search and it looks the original might be available to check?
    Looking at the FamilySearch catalog, the earliest marriages that I see are in 1738 - too late for yours

Can you give a link to:
    it looks the original might be available to check?

Comment

.. is anyone going to an 'affiliate library' (I don't know what that means - is it an LDS church/library?) or a family history centre
      FamilySearch runs a few libraries and many centers in many countries. Centers may be located in church buildings. The FamilySearch catalog tells you what they have to see, and where an item is located.
      Find a FamilySearch center or affiliate location. Get access to personalized help, technology, and exclusive resources to aid your family history journey.

The largest/main library is the Family History Library. FHL used to send films around the world, but ceased that operation years ago. Nowadays, many of FHL's resources have been filmed, and may be viewed at centres around the world in that case.
      Last edited by PhotoFamily; 29-10-22, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post

Looking at the FamilySearch catalog, the earliest marriages that I see are in 1738 - too late for yours

Can you give a link to:
        Here's the link -
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Thanks

Tessie

Comment

Hi Tessie,

I had a look on my Marriage disc and the entry is for John Rowmman to Ann Ioens. However, again this is a transcription only and might look different in the register.

I also had a quick look at the Baptism disc and couldn't see any birth for Ann Ioens anywhere, the closest I could come to phonetically was Ann Ewens, or Ewen, there were a couple in the right time frame, but again transcription only.

Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
            Hi Tessie,

I had a look on my Marriage disc and the entry is for John Rowmman to Ann Ioens. However, again this is a transcription only and might look different in the register.

I also had a quick look at the Baptism disc and couldn't see any birth for Ann Ioens anywhere, the closest I could come to phonetically was Ann Ewens, or Ewen, there were a couple in the right time frame, but again transcription only.
            Thanks Ozgirl

It's an odd surname so wondered what else it might be if it's transcribed wrong or if there is a different spelling - I was thinking Ewans / Owens?

Comment

You could email the County Record Office and see if they have the original registers. I can only see transcriptions so it is possible the originals do not survive. If they do you could ask for a copy, they would make a charge for that but not too much I think.
              Anne

Comment

I would think owens is the name.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                  I would think owens is the name.
                  I thought the same but not sure how it would been changed so much to Ioens?!

Comment

I suppose you'll have to see the entry, to see if the handwriting is messy.

Comment

So, can anyone make out the surname of Ann and whether it is Ioens (it looks like it but I'm not very good at interpretating writing)!? Their entry is just above the 1739 line.

Thank you
                      Attached Files

Comment

It does look like "ioens". The 'e' in married matches. The 'n' matches the husband's surname.

i would say "owens" or "irons" is the intended name.

Comment

Hmm, I need to go looking for an Ann Owens/Irons then maybe!!
                          Thank Kylejustin

Comment

Hmm, I need to go looking for an Ann Owens/Irons then maybe!!
                            Thank Kylejustin
                            I'd say that the 'L' at the beginning is sort of cut in half so it could be interpreted as an 'i' but I think that it does actually say Loens, it's like they have run out of ink when they did the L...

Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

This might be a bit better to show you what I mean tessie31082

Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-12-22, 11:34.
                              Julie

Comment

Hmm, thanks - I'll look for Loens as well!

Comment

and don't forget that Ann could also be Hannah, Nan, Nancy, another variant of the surname could be 'Lowens'
                                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                                  X